Can This Be Done?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yardbird mac

Reaction score
Here's what I have:

Express 5:50 combo... bought last year (2012).
Express 5:50+ head (bought last month) through 23" LoneStar open back cab.

I would like to swap chassis... i.e., 5:50+ in the combo cabinet, for the 5:50 chassis in the head cab. Can this be done without a lot of hassle or any modifications? I'm going on an extended vacation starting this Friday, so I don't have any time to experiment before I leave (taking my gear with me).

The reason I want to do this is that I'm familiar with the older amp and how it responds. I haven't had enough time to learn all of the "bells & whistles" of the newer amp. My preference is to take a head/cab setup with me on the road.

Thanks!

I'll bet it'll bolt right in. Be careful not to touch anything inside the chassis while it's apart.

There are no issues with the swap. Just be mindful of the leads that go to the reverb tank. You'll have to unplug them to get the chassis out.

I recently swapped out a 5:25.

One more thing, the combo will have a bolt and captured nut close to the center of the chassis. This is to help ensure zero rattles (it tightens against the underside of the top of the combo). Your head won't have this feature.

TW

Latest posts

Back