Boogie IIC+ Vid clip - Puppets tones.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philhouse

Reaction score
Not my clip, but one I saw on Youtube and thought you guys might like.
Could be helpful to someone interested in checking one out.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ4WzFjcsyw

This video is proof positive of my comments on the C+. If all you want to do is play Metallica, save your money and buy a MkIII. Any stripe will do, just make sure you have an outboard EQ to scoop the mids after you bottom out the 750 hz slider on your amp. :roll: And all this tone from a nice chunk of mahogany?????? There, I said it!! :shock: .

the C+ is this , but SOOO much more-if you cats ever get a chance to play thru one, experience the clean channel and all of its power and glory AS WELL-..it gets me any tone under the sun...much more than any line6 (that is what this cam recording reminds me of)the dynamics of the amp..the response..can totally change your approach to guitar..to the point where you can actually find YOUR tone(where's the beef!?) :lol:

JOEY B. said:
And all this tone from a nice chunk of mahogany?????? There, I said it!! :shock: .

Mahogany? Thats the last thing I would think if I had to search tones :lol:

Spamds said:
JOEY B. said:
And all this tone from a nice chunk of mahogany?????? There, I said it!! :shock: .

Mahogany? Thats the last thing I would think if I had to search tones :lol:

Mahogany= Gibson Les Paul. I was being a bit sarcastic, as in, "How can anyone make a Les Paul sound so thin in the midrange". It must have been the double scoop of graphic EQ :wink: .

Hope I made it clear, this ain't me or my clip at all... just one of the very few I've seen on Youtube. Thats all.
Just a link.

I think he gets pretty darn close to the Puppets tones, which is a good thing, its a great metal album... but, its just an example of just one facet of the amps capabilities when tweaked that way, as you point out it, it has a lot more to offer tonaly also.

Peace.

I made the video...problem was I had a day to use the camera and didn't have time to really listen to it back....turns out it was too loud and distorted the mic...it's fuller and not to tinny or overdistorted in person. I had another forum rip me to shreds over the tone, but that's just it, youtube is for amateurs usually, not someone throwing up a perfect polished mixed recording. Wish I could capture it truly.

The mid on the eq on the amp did get rid of enough, it just didn't do the same for frequencies on either side of it...didn't double scoop the same stuff.

I'll make another some day.

I have a Justice one which I think sounds more like puppets, and the puppets sounds more like justice lol

NEHUGE

Latest posts

Back