Bogner vs Mesa

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bring this thread back from the dead, just a little note, the guy that uses the duals in rammstein, well they are voodoo modded 2 channel heads.

Rkorn said:
Has anyone heard Rammstein??? 1 is Bogner Uber and the other guy has Mesa Dual... Is probably the best guitar sound i've heard live... both of them sound really really good, but Paul (the one with the Uber) has a little more Low End, just a little more...

And it is funny how years change you, I now have no bogners, I have a Original Roadking that I love and I have a stiletto Duece II. I am able to get the sounds I want out of these amps and i am very happy. I have had both amps over 2 years and they are main stays.

I know it's an old thread but I'm just going to point out that if one guitarist had a little bit more bottom end when heard live that's because the sound man decided it should have more bottom.

I think this the 5th resurrection of this thread. Good for it!

Actually, the topic struck me because my journey though the amp world is heavily concerned with these two brands. When I was in my teens I was a huge Vai fan. When I learned Vai played a Bogner Ecstasy I elevated it to dream amp status. I didn't sound very good through it because i had no experience playing through such a high end tube amp, but I was determined to own one someday. I think that day came in my early 20's. I wrote a check for $3000+ for an Ecstacy Head and 2x12 cab. I got a call later that day from the store.They said the price I was quoted was off by $500. I decided not to go through with the deal which was probably one of the better decisions I've ever made.

Fast forward 6 years and I feel this sudden urge to buy a tube amp. I'm a guitar instructor and one of the tasks I feel I need to do is know how to use most gear out there. Students bring all sorts of noise making devices. :) And for some reason, the Mesa Roadster was stuck in my head as the amp to get. I had never owned a tube amp I really liked so I thought, "Now its time!" After about a day of searching I found a mint Roadster 2x12 Combo with 2 years left on the warranty for $850. I bought it and absolutely love it. I'm not going to say Mesa is better than Bogner or vice versa but I'm certainly glad things worked out the way they did. I saved over $2000 and got an amp that is an absolute beast!

Given To Fly said:
I think this the 5th resurrection of this thread. Good for it!

Actually, the topic struck me because my journey though the amp world is heavily concerned with these two brands. When I was in my teens I was a huge Vai fan. When I learned Vai played a Bogner Ecstasy I elevated it to dream amp status. I didn't sound very good through it because i had no experience playing through such a high end tube amp, but I was determined to own one someday. I think that day came in my early 20's. I wrote a check for $3000+ for an Ecstacy Head and 2x12 cab. I got a call later that day from the store.They said the price I was quoted was off by $500. I decided not to go through with the deal which was probably one of the better decisions I've ever made.

Fast forward 6 years and I feel this sudden urge to buy a tube amp. I'm a guitar instructor and one of the tasks I feel I need to do is know how to use most gear out there. Students bring all sorts of noise making devices. :) And for some reason, the Mesa Roadster was stuck in my head as the amp to get. I had never owned a tube amp I really liked so I thought, "Now its time!" After about a day of searching I found a mint Roadster 2x12 Combo with 2 years left on the warranty for $850. I bought it and absolutely love it. I'm not going to say Mesa is better than Bogner or vice versa but I'm certainly glad things worked out the way they did. I saved over $2000 and got an amp that is an absolute beast!

I enjoy a good love story....

About gear!

Congrats

:lol:

Back