any Roadster head + Recto 2x12 cab owners?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barneyc4

Reaction score
how does the Roadster sound with the Rectifier 2x12 cab?
what type of music are you into?

got any clips/recordings of the roadster + recto 2x12 cab?

barneyc4 said:
how does the Roadster sound with the Rectifier 2x12 cab?
what type of music are you into?

got any clips/recordings of the roadster + recto 2x12 cab?

No clips, I own a RKII and a 2x12 recto cab. I can achieve a variety of tones from a fender clean to a nice saturated fender, a really nice jcm 800 esqe roar and of course a great thick recto modern crunch. All tones sound great and big. Great cab, probably one of the best I have ever played (even combared to 4x12). Go to your local store and give it a good try Im sure you'll enjoy it.

In our shop we have a roadster head sitting on top of a 2x12 recto horizontal. It's a great matchup, and I agree the 2x12 rec is a wonderful cabinet. It's my favorite out of the bunch. There's plenty of bottom end and a great midrange "sweetness" to it.

My advice if you're able to try the setup out, is take the casters off of the 2x12. The casters lose a bit of the bottom end.

We've had the roadster 2x12 combo in as well and in my opinion it can't hold a candle to the head and separate 2x12. The extra mass of that cabinet makes all the difference in the world. Even my boogie rep when refering to the 2x12 rec cab said "they just got something right" with it.

Yes.

Classic Rock, Metal and 80's style Rock/metal.

And the 2x12 Recto does it all VERY WELL.

So a search and I have a pretty long discription of my decision between the roadster and recto cab w the roadster head.

Good luck.

I have a 2x12 (3/4 open back) and a 1x12 (also open back), and the Roadster sounds great with both. I use them for all types of music (clean, mildly dirty, full on metal).

Ideally, I would like to get a 4x12 in addition to what I have now. I tried the Roadster in the store with a 4 x12 and I think it
sounds just a bit more focused, but that is being really nit picky.

Bottom line: You really can't go wrong with either the 1 or 2x12 though, especially if you want to travel light, or setup a cab in another room for
recording, etc. I highly recommend both.

Latest posts

Back