Acoustic Simulator

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesD

Reaction score
Are there any acoustic simulator pedals out there that are worth a crap? If so what brands make a good one? Thanks in advance!

Which ones have you tried? BOSS makes a better than marginal one. If you have Strat type guitar you can get the LR Baggs X- Bridge and not deal with pedals at all.

i haven't bought one yet or really played with any. Just from everything i read they aren't really too accurate. I am not looking for dead on because i understand no pedal is gonna get that, but a nice acoustic warmth and feel to the sound would be nice. I play a Viper with EMG's which i am sure is going to make it all the harder to get that sound. Thanks For the help.

Yeah, that is the downfall to my pickups. They are Active 81's in my Viper-400. I understand with not getting a great clean sound with them. I really like the tones i get with them other than the clean. Can anyone recommend 2 humbuckers that will reproduce that distortion with nicer cleans?

Personally for what your trying to achieve, I like the Duncan Custom SH-5 in the bridge and a Duncan '59 in the neck.

Thank you for the suggestion i will check them out and read up on them for sure!

Latest posts

Back