3 month old Eurotube(s) died in my Mark IV tonite

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToneAddictJon

Reaction score
I can't remember Bob's return policy off the top of my head, but he's always been good to me about any tubes I've had problems with(which is only twice, but still both times he sent me new tubes the next day). I don't think either of mine were more than a month though.
Both were with my Mark IV though, never had an issue with any of the tubes for the rectifiers (E34-L's).

I'd say definitely that KT-77....that's how one of my EL-34Ls when from Eurotubes....fuse burst, and I found one of the tubes "burned" like that.

The same thing happened with a EL34L I got from Eurotubes and they sent just one. Same tilt, same darkened label.

Yeah, that KT77 on the left was smokin hot. Did you tell the guy that you are installing these in a fixed bias Mesa amp? He may need to send you tubes that are graded for a Mesa since you can't manually set the bias ( unless of course you have a bias trim pot mod in your amp ).

I had a fixed bias Hiwatt that was fine with =C= EL34s. I put some JJs in there one time and they red-plated within a minute. JJ sent me some colder graded tubes and I had no prob after that.

Latest posts

Back