2 Mark IV heads?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nocki

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry for not posting regular... I'm more of a lurker accually and I found a lot of good info here.
One thing I havent read is using 2 heads...

After having a lot of boogie amps I settled for my Mark Ivb head and 2 2x12 recto cabs (BB's mounted). I play this in My bands and on projects and in the church. With this setup A use a rack with a intellifex and some midi switching devices. On the floor I have a midi board and some BYOC drive pedals.
I want to buy a second mark IVb head wich stays in the church building so I dont have to drag it around every week. This way I only have to take my rack, pedalboard and guitar with me. So far so good...

When I have 2 MArk IVb heads and 2 2x12 recto cabs it would be great to use them together on good gigs. How would this sound? Does anyone use 2 Heads on the same time?
any problems?
Any good tips on setting this up?

Its works great when separated but how would it work when i use them together?

You could run your Intellifex stereo into the 2 heads. Send out of the Mark IV your plugged into and return one side to that amp and one side to the other amp. You have 2 seperate cabs so you could spread them out and get some sweet stereo effects.

Only thing is if you channel switch you'll have to buy some extra cables to run the switching on the secnd Mark IV and do a bit of additional programing so that both amps switch at the same time.

EDIT: Actually scratch that second paragraph cause if you're only using the second one as a poweramp then you wouldn't need to channel switch the pre-amp. My bad.

Thanks for your post. It is really helpfull!

I'm making special cables for it and i want to use bith preamps too! this way i can mix the sounds of both preamps.

I'm switching both amps with ENGL midi switchers and ill let them work simoultan... wel... you know what i mean...

rabies said:
psychodave said:
I love slaving my III and IV. I have another IV on the way as well 8)

i still can't believe you actually have that many full stacks. were/are you a pro player or what? how much do you practice every day? thrash on!

Whats funny is when he turns them All on .. i can Hear him playing from my house..

I live on the other side of the world!!

rabies said:
psychodave said:
I love slaving my III and IV. I have another IV on the way as well 8)

i still can't believe you actually have that many full stacks. were/are you a pro player or what? how much do you practice every day? thrash on!

...it looks more impressive than it really is... I use to play out, but not really anymore. I would love to start again, but it is really hard to find people that arent flakes. I usually play a few hours a night 8)

Thanks all!

I'm looing forward to doing this...

I will split the signal (after the BYOC pedals) to go to both preamps.

Both FXloops will handle one side of the intellifex. this way I play stereo with too (slightly) different sounds wich I hope will compkiment each other.

Thanks all!

I'm looing forward to doing this...

I will split the signal (after the BYOC pedals) to go to both preamps.

Both FXloops will handle one side of the intellifex. this way I play stereo with too (slightly) different sounds wich I hope will compliment each other.

Latest posts

Back