2:90 Vs. 2:95

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenevil

Reaction score
Any opinions on how the the two compare? Does one sound better than the other? I have 2:90 and I am thinking about getting the 2:95 for my studio rig...

I used to use the 295.heavy and loud.A/B it with my friends 290,i actually like the 290 sounds better.Maybe because of the modern and deep mode.
Plus 290 is only 2u high.

Nothing to hooha about the 295.Just a simulclass power amp made for their quad/studio at that time.

Thanks for the response! I didn't realize someone asked this question in an earlier post (from last year I believe) some people say the 295 is the best power amp Boogie put out, but then again I dig the 2:90. Would be nice to A/B them. The rack space is def. a pain though, that thing is huge!!

I've owned the 2:95 with a Studio Pre...great sound. But I also have the 2:90 now and would never go back to that 2:95 beast. It does not sound better IMHO, it doesn't sound worse either.....given those facts I will stick to the lesser weight and size (not that the 2:90 is light either, but lighter than the 2:95)

Back