2:90 Triaxis combo problems

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanchez

Reaction score
I have a brand new 2:90 and a second hand V2 pre Phat mod Triaxis.

I was playing it last night and only had it on for about 20 mins when it sounded as if someone cut the volume by half. Then when I stopped playing it would go back to normal for a while then drop again.

I also found that if it had dropped and I kept playing it stayed low.

I'm running the 2:90 in full power, Modern and Deep into a Recto Cab in stereo.

Any ideas what is going on here?

Sanchez

Plug your guitar into the 2:90 and see how the volume reacts without the Triaxis. If it fades, then you have a problem with the 2:90. Check both channels. With power amps you should check all the preamp tubes and power tubes. If you have good power from the power amp, then change the preamp tubes in the Triaxis first and see if the problem persists. Your gain stage or driver circuit tubes may be failing.

Something else you might try is to make certain that the input level switch is firmly seated in the position that you want it to be in. My 2:90 has the sliding switch and one time it was in the middle of the two positions and kept jumping wildly in volume back and forth. I took it to an amp tech who just switched it back and forth a few times and that took care of the issue.

Another thing is to make sure that the Half Drive mode isn't being switched in and out by a faulty cable or plug.

Just a thought.

B

Had the same problem with my rig once and found that if I toggled the Line/Instrument Level switch on back of the 2:90 it would go away. I always have the volume all the way down before doing this!

Regards
conga

Latest posts

Back