• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1978 Super Sixty ***Sale Pending***

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny1207

Reaction score
Have placed this on Reverb but would rather sell it here. $**** plus shipping

https://reverb.com/item/37358520-mesa-boogie-original-combo-later-mark-i-with-flight-case

One of the original Mesa Boogie guitar amps. 60 watt dual channel with foot switch. Was referred to as the "Super Sixty" in their catalog at time.
I am the original owner, have paperwork from the order direct to Mesa Boogie in Novermber 1977. However, it was not shipped to me until early 1978. Mesa kept my place in line as I made one order change which included the Altec speaker. I have all the correspondences plus additional paperwork from Mesa Boogie which I will include in the sale.

Upgraded tubes to newer 6L6 Groove tubes and JBL speaker. Flight case makes this one possible to ship safely.
I bought this amp and immediately bought the flight case, hence the condition of the amp is spectacular for a 43+ year old amp. Used in rock band for a number of years, then sidelined in favor of smaller, lighter weight combo. This amp has a ton of power and volume plus capable of getting that creamy boogie tone similar to Carlos Santana. Also sounds great with a variety of pedals, depending on one's taste.

Has no issue with anything mechanical. Inside wiring, parts all original as well except for tubes and JBL speaker which was added for cleaner sounds. Love the sound when a speaker cabinet (like open back 2-12" or whatever your preference) is added.

Back