When did Mesa start using the current fixed bias settings?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyB

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
Pun intended with the "current" in the subject! 8)

Seriously, tho'... I'm sure I read somewhere that the Mk I and IIa (and possibly later Mk IIs...) use different fixed bias values than later models, meaning that the "Mesa range", either with power tubes sold by Mesa or those of other suppliers, aren't appropriate for the early models.

Any idea when things were standardized to the current values? Yeah, there's that punny word "current" again! :lol:

AFAIK *each* individual amp is set within a range, so, to be perfectly accurate, no two amps, even of the same model, are exactly the same.

MrMarkIII said:
AFAIK *each* individual amp is set within a range, so, to be perfectly accurate, no two amps, even of the same model, are exactly the same.

That's not correct. They're all biased the same (within a model, anyway) to work with selected tubes. I don't know if they've changed the bias point over the years.

With the first amp.
Bias will be readjusted when G.E. invents a NEW tube. We could call it the 6neo2013..

Latest posts

Back