tubes for mark IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fronzil

Reaction score
gonna retube my mark IV sometime this fall (preamp and poweramp), just wondering how these specific tubes compare as far as voicing and overall tone, which are better for each channel etc ive mostly just been checking out the eurotube page....

i use mesa stock right now im pretty sure (red)..anyone have experience with the all 6l6 JJ high gain set? or the 6l6/el34 high gain set? 6L6/KT77 High Gain Option?

i like my clean to be fat and chimy, rhym 2 for usually a dirty clean or crunch (use a bb preamp on rhym 1 and rhym 2) and lead channel typically is my channel for solos, so a nice fat liquid lead, but i also like to dial in a good metal crunch on it....of course im really diggin my tone right now, i just know i can always make it better.

look under the mark IV section i posted a review of the jj mark IV high gain tube set.
6l6\kt77 mix.

in your review you said you had to take the chassis off to put the tubes in, they were to big to replace them normally?

Latest posts

Back