tremoverb vs 2ch dual recitifier solo head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesa1360

Reaction score
Newbie query here.

Is the tremoverb exactly like the 2ch DR solo head but with the added reverb and tremolo? If not, what are the other differences?

Kinda wondering why tremoverb is selling cheaper than DR solo head when it has more features.

Yes, they are the same. Except if you get a 2ch Rectifier with a serial number below 505, in which case those will be much more aggressive. The tremoverb has an amazing tone. I wouldn't pass it up if I had the money.

Thanks el. Seems like tremoverb is a great value then at the price they're going at ebay. Seen at least 3 that sold for less than $1k in the past month or 2 and these are 2x12 combos while the newer 2 ch (non-1st 500) sold for at least 1k (except rush BIN sales). Clean ones even went for $1.2k up. Pretty strange if they are the same (do they also have same amount of gain??) with TOV having the advantage of rev and trem.

i'm fairly sure the tremoverb is a lot tighter and has more mids than a dual rectifier top. But i can only speak about the TOV personally.

My TOV was 2500 euros, equivalent in dollars at the moment would be like 3800 dollars lol.

The Trem-o-Verb schematics show the preamp being nearly part for part like the 2 channel rectos. The only difference between the two in the preamp are two extra ldrs for the blues mode, and in the presence control. I've noticed on the production amps though there are a few more changes. A 20pF cap is missing on the first half of V2 being the most major change. This is probably one reason the tremoverb has more pronounced mids. Despite the small changes, it remains a dual rectifier. A good choice for an amp.

i sold my 97 2ch for a 94 tremoverb, and the tremoverb definately kicks ***. the gain sound is the really pretty much the same, but you get blues and a really great clean channel instead of one that needs a bunch of pedals to get it to do what you want

Latest posts

Back