Speaker Test(mark IV)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like 2, then 3 then 1. I have no idea what kinda speakers any of them were.
Is this a 1x12 combo, or head through a 1x12 that you swapped a speaker on? What is the config?

I like 1 the most. I guess it's EV12L or perhaps (less probable) T75 or C90. Quite certainly not 4x12 cab. Thiele?
2 and 3 are V30s and sound quite close to each other. 3 being more bassy, probably different, bigger cab?

Nice thread!

I like 1, It has bite to it. Then 2, kind of a mix between 1 and 3. Last would be 3, It's too bassy.

I would guess 1 is a V30? I might have to go out on a limb here. Its the same speaker just miked in different ways?

i like 1 the most, very nice chunk :D nice mid range too......i have no idea about cabs but i guess the 1 is stiletto and 3 rectifier, the 2.....not a clue

1 is a Mesa/Boogie Black Shadow Vinatge 50 in a SMC 2x12 cab(1936 dimensions, but high grade birch ply and frontloaded).

2 is a V30 in a 1960AV cabinet.

3 is a V30 in the same 1960AV but with the Crate BV150 head instead of the Mark IV :wink: :lol:

I also think the tone is a bit muffled, but I think that it's caused by the poor recording setup I use: Shure SM 57 directly into onboard soundcard. The onboard soundcard is probably not that well...

2 - Lower bass.
1 - Lower bass.
3 - lower even more bass and it sounded different,it's not a boogie.

Sorry I saw you told #3 was a crate.

Hey 18&life: I got it I think.

I realised my tone was too dark and not punchy enough, even though my recording setup sucked a lot of tone and clearness.

Here is the same part with new settings(presence from 5 to 8, drive from 7 to 5). I think its better this way, much clearer:

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6235017

Yes you got it.Perfect.Alive. :D
No digital pod crap hahahahahaha

BTW just one more thing,dude please before recording use fastfret buahahahahaha

Latest posts

Back