Roadster Brit similar to Stiletto?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own both, and I would say it's somewhat different. The Brit mode in the Roadster reminds me of a fatter, bigger, and clearer sounding Marshall Vintage Modern...

I think the 2 are vastly different with the stiletto crunch being superior- personally, I thought the Brit mode was useless....
But that's just me-

Laskyman said:
I think the 2 are vastly different with the stiletto crunch being superior- personally, I thought the Brit mode was useless....
But that's just me-
+1

Laskyman said:
But that's just me-

All depends on how you dial in the Brit mode. Once dialed in right, it sounds more like the early Marshall tones than the classic EL34 crunch sound. It does remind me of the Marshall Vintage Modern tone, only fatter and bigger sounding...

Traded my Stiletto Ace and DR in for a RKii because I thought the RK's brit mode would cover the crunch channel I loved so much on the Stiletto.... I was sadly wrong.

As much as I like the 'Brit mode' it has less gain than the 'crunch'. seems less sparkle :(

Add a TS9 to the brit mode and it gets closer to the Stiletto crunch id say

but ultimately id say different

I think the Brit mode too, sounds like a fatter Vintage Modern. I love that mode and am wondering how a Katana Boost would affect its harmonic character -- perhaps, it would add the necessary amount of sparkle to truly make the RK/Roadster a viable option for lower gain Brit sounds.

Crank the hell out of the mids in Brit, like 4 o'clock. No idea if it's similar to the stiletto but feels good man.

I think the Brit mode on the Roadster is the worst sounding mode on the amp. I dunno, it just seems inferior, even with humbuckers. The Fat mode on a Stiletto with gain cranked, and the Crunch mode on ch 1 or 2 on the Stiletto blows away the Brit mode on the Roadster. That being said, the Roadster's Fat and Tweed mode's on ch's 1 & 2 are both excellent, and with 50 watt settings and rectifier tracking are capable of producing some true magic.

just my .02 cents worth, hope it helps... 8)

I've been having a lot of fun lately with the Brit mode on my Roadster. I really disliked the brit mode at first, but after much tweaking I have come to like the mode for AC/DC lower gain type tones.

50 watts
Tube Rectifier
Gain- Maxed
Treble- 1:30
Mids- 3:00
Bass-1:30
Presence- 9:00

Latest posts

Back