Question: Delay pedal for LSS and LSC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeoBull

Reaction score
What Delay pedal do you prefer for your LSS and/or LSC? Brand? Digital or Analog?

Thanks in advance for your help

Depends on what you're looking for. In general analog is great if you want short delay or echo/slapback with few repeats. Analog is more natural sounding to me and the repeats will loose clarity for each regeneration. Digital if you want long delay and clean repeats, plus pingpong, stereo, etc. The issue with digital is although the repeats is clear, it sounds ... digital
For analog, it's hard to beat the Carbon Copy. I haven't found any decent digital pedal so I use rack, like TC Electronic D-two, M-one, or an older Lexicon, can't remember the model now, basically stuffs that we use for our PA.

I can't say enough good stuff about the Damage Control Timeline that I am using with my LSS. It has ended my delay search for sure, it does everything I need a delay to do. Amazing sounding delays with lots of tweakability.

Check out some of the demos of it on Youtube.

This is probably a boring answer, but I get awesome delays from a Line6 DL4. The analog delay patches don't sound as sweet as a Carbon Copy when side by side, but the amount of quality delays on that pedal makes it well worth the slight compromise to me. True bypass is also nice, since I only like one buffer in my chain. Only thing is that a few of the delays have a slightly noticeable volume drop attached to them. Keeley does a mod to correct this, but it hasn't been a bid enough deal for me to bother with that.

thirstypirate said:
This is probably a boring answer, but I get awesome delays from a Line6 DL4.
Boring?? That's a nice delay! You want boring, try my DD-3. It's got an Allums high cut mod for wanna be anal-log. I want a carbon copy! :evil:

plan-x said:
thirstypirate said:
Boring?? That's a nice delay! You want boring, try my DD-3. It's got an Allums high cut mod for wanna be anal-log. I want a carbon copy! :evil:
Just get it, you won't regret :D

I've tried a bunch, but decided and am very happy with the Eventide Timefactor. Amazing pedal with tons of versatility.

+1 on the MXR Carbon Copy. Sounds good in front of the amp or in the loop.

http://grailtone.com/guitar-reviews/mxr-carboncopy-review.html

I really like my TC Nova Delay. Very adjustable and can go from sterile digital sounds to analog to tube. [simulated of course] Plus very very clean and quiet.

-dave

ned said:
+1 on the MXR Carbon Copy. Sounds good in front of the amp or in the loop.

http://grailtone.com/guitar-reviews/mxr-carboncopy-review.html

+1 for the MXR Carbon Copy Delay. I used a Boss DD-3 and DD-6 before the MXR. MXR is MUCH better!

I love my Carbon Copy. The reverb is good for rhythm on my LSS but for getting a solo to stand out the Carbon Copy sounds great.

plan-x said:
thirstypirate said:

I just meant boring in the sense that it's so popular and well known to be a quality delay. Plan-x, the other guitar in my band uses a Carbon Copy and it is definitely something to lust over.

Joe Gamble said:
I use a DD-20 in the loop. I also have a Line 6 M13 but I've only run that straight in- no loop yet. They work well for me.

I was looking into the DD-20 and it has tons of features. Really into the Sound on Sound. Do you use that at all? How is the delay in general?

Latest posts

Back