OFFICIAL MARK V TONE SETTINGS THREAD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noonoo said:
"John Petrucci's Mark V Settings with a moderate mid scoop.

H/T: jdurso"

As far as I knew JP has not been using the Mark V yet, according to folks on JP's site. Perhaps I am wrong. Where are these pics from?

IIRC, somebody took that pick at a show with JP where he met him afterwords. It's in a thread somewhere actually.

gibson5413 said:
Crunch mode
90w
Knob settings (o'clock)
Gain: 4
Presence: 9
Treble: 3
Mids: 10
Bass: 8:30
Master Volume: 9
Preset Knob: 1 (EQ sliders off)
Output 2

Awwww yeahhhh. I downloaded your Mk V clips with these settings :) Been crankin' that **** in my truck - sounds KILLER. Esp when you let like an A chord ring out and it just sounds so gnarly - yet smooth at the same time. Pure Mark tone. Luvin' it.

Hook up two 4x12 Cabs and crank that ***** up for best results.

Chan. 3
Mark IIC+ Setting
CH 3 NORMAL
Gain 2.5 oclock
Master 10 oclock
Presence 9.5 oclock
Treble 2 oclock
Mid 10.5 oclock
Bass 12 oclock
Output 10 oclock
Pentode

EQ V
80hz Just under max boost
240hz 3/4 boost
750hz scoop mid way
2200hz 1/4 boost
6600hz 1/2 boost

This sounds awesome! I will post some clips tonight. Great for clear and toneful thrash guitars.

Extreme Voice

Bright On

Pentode

Gain 4
Master 10
Presence 9
Treble Max
Mid 11:30
Bass 11:30

Output 10

80 HZ Near Full Boost
240 3/4 Boost
750 No Boost or Cut
2200 Barely above middle line
6600 3/4 Boost

These settings are with a 6L6/EL-34 blend of power tubes (STR-440 outer pair/STR-450 inner pair) in the 90 watt power setting. There is no EQ used (other than bass, mid, treble) on channel 1 or 2, sliders used on channel 3. The guitar is a Gibson Les Paul Standard with Bare Knuckles passive pickups. The speaker cabs are MESA 1x12 thieles, one C90 and one EVM-12L. Fat Clean tube rectifier, Crunch tube rectifier and MkIV triode. 8)

DSC04630.jpg

DSC04631.jpg

DSC04632.jpg

DSC04633.jpg

DSC04634.jpg

Nermel said:
Dayyymn....nice...how do you think it sounds now, compared?

Compared to what?

These settings were the best balance for channel switching with the Paul and the Thieles. There is also a wicked Mark I setting that is so mean that it does not channel switch well. The good thing is that it (MkI) is very responsive to the guitar volume knob setting. A WIDE range of gain at the fingertips. 8)

JOEY B. said:
These settings are with a 6L6/EL-34 blend of power tubes (STR-440 outer pair/STR-450 inner pair) in the 90 watt power setting. There is no EQ used (other than bass, mid, treble) on channel 1 or 2, sliders used on channel 3. The guitar is a Gibson Les Paul Standard with Bare Knuckles passive pickups. The speaker cabs are MESA 1x12 thieles, one C90 and one EVM-12L. Fat Clean tube rectifier, Crunch tube rectifier and MkIV triode. 8)

DSC04630.jpg

DSC04631.jpg

DSC04632.jpg

DSC04633.jpg

DSC04634.jpg

pictures the best way to share settings :D very nice settings!!!!!!!

Triode -- Tom Anderson Cobra S w/ H3+ in the bridge.

Your settings makes sense! That is a dark PU.. I have one in my TA DT Classic. I run a PEQ when I use the TA so I can have more balanced settings on the V when using single coils.

So many cool ways to go about setting up this amp for good tones, this thread could go on for a long time!

salvatruco, your settings for channel 3 are exactly like mine, so really nothing for me to add there (at least for now)...and I should,nt need to mention that they sound great!

This amp is, THE WHIP gentlemen :D

Now that the herd has thinned out some, (ie, those folks that have decided for whatever reason they did,nt like this amp) the rest of us that know they do can get on with our business such as this...keep it up gents!

Here are some Tweed settings:

Sounds kind of like The Edge from U2 in Where the Streets Have No Name:

Tweed
10 watts VARIAC Power
Ch 1 Normal
Gain 9:30
Master 12
Pres 1pm
Treb 12
Mid 12
Bass 1pm
EQ Sliders - Typical V Shape