Newest info from Mesa (4/14/09)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vae

Reaction score
Got this from my dealer today, he recieved it from Mesa.

"We just want to share a recent honor we've received for our new Mark V. It was awarded the

prestigious Musikmesse International Press Award for 2009 as Best Guitar Amp Combo!

More than 100 Music Industry magazines from all over the world got together to vote for

the best products of 2008/2009 in more than 40 categories. The award was presented at

a special M.I.P.A. Party/Awards-Ceremony held during Musikmesse / Prolight + Sound,

April 2nd, 2009.

So when might you get to review one yourself? As of our most recent production report,

we have a number of Combos scheduled to hit final assembly later this month. We expect

to see many of them leave our shop before month's end. Heads and additional Combos

are most likely to ship 3 to 6 weeks after the initial group.

We're aware that you're probably getting called daily about Mark Vs, hence the reason we wish

to share news of the award for the Mark V. It's further proof that it'll be well worth the

wait. Please ask those in the cue, to hang in with us. We are just as eager to put these

new tone tools in their hands as they are to get one."

I got a call from my GC rep today saying that my Mark V Head is delayed and that I should have it in 2-3 weeks. I won't hold my breath, but that would be great if it did.

Yes, this is pretty cool! Our amp is winning awards, and we have,nt even played em yet! All I,ve been asking for was some tangible, meaningful info straight from the source, just so we be able to have some some light at the end of the tunnel (hell, just to be able to see the tunnel!), and we finally got some, YES!

I feel vindicated, relieved, better, and even more stoked, (if that,s even possible) YAY!

mmm... not so relieved personnaly. because that would mean that by beggining of may they would send the combos
6 weeks later (worse case scenario yes but you have to think like that with boutique co.) thats around half of june, and thats the first batch!!

Oh well. At least its getting good reviews! but i still dont see why we cant have more clips etc since it is lol

Guys i guess well have to do that ourselves!! yes we all work for mesa

rispsira said:
mmm... not so relieved personnaly. because that would mean that by beggining of may they would send the combos
6 weeks later (worse case scenario yes but you have to think like that with boutique co.) thats around half of june, and thats the first batch!!

Oh well. At least its getting good reviews! but i still dont see why we cant have more clips etc since it is lol

Guys i guess well have to do that ourselves!! yes we all work for mesa

Dig! Why not more clips from them? And would it kill em to post the owners manual too? Yeah, it would suck to have to wait until the middle of june, but like some others here, I,m doing my best to try and see the glass as half full! Hopefully, it,ll be sooner rather than later, ya know?

Besides, koadogg says that his dealer told him he should have his head in 2-3 weeks!...see what I mean by all of us being given conflicting info by our respective dealers?

In any event, this is the only instance so far, (that I,m aware of) of info that is straight from Mesa themselves, so it would make sense to go with this before anything else. Yeah, it,ll probaly be later. But it could also be sooner, and that,s really all we can hope for at this point.

All I know is, and feel better about, is that we now have some definative timeframes to go on, and that I can live with it. Before it was all this, "yes, they are in production..."no, they,re not in production"..."Mid april, late may, mid-late june, fall, Christmas, 2010?" It made my head hurt! Joking aside, I,m a fairly patient guy. It was more the frustration of not knowing some facts that was bothering me. Now, at least we know that they are in fact, being made, and we have some approximate shipping times(within a decade, HA!).

So let,s all just channel our collective mental energies into making it sooner! Soooooner...soooooner...yes, I do believe that it,s working!

I talked to someone at Mesa Hollywood again, they told me confidently (for the first time) both that production on the Mark V heads officially began yesterday.. *praise the amp lord* and that they should get the first shipment at the end of the month if all goes well.

I'm freakin' excited!!!

Dig! Why not more clips from them? And would it kill em to post the owners manual too? Yeah, it would suck to have to wait until the middle of june, but like some others here, I,m doing my best to try and see the glass as half full! Hopefully, it,ll be sooner rather than later, ya know?

Besides, koadogg says that his dealer told him he should have his head in 2-3 weeks!...see what I mean by all of us being given conflicting info by our respective dealers?

In any event, this is the only instance so far, (that I,m aware of) of info that is straight from Mesa themselves, so it would make sense to go with this before anything else. Yeah, it,ll probaly be later. But it could also be sooner, and that,s really all we can hope for at this point.

All I know is, and feel better about, is that we now have some definative timeframes to go on, and that I can live with it. Before it was all this, "yes, they are in production..."no, they,re not in production"..."Mid april, late may, mid-late june, fall, Christmas, 2010?" It made my head hurt! Joking aside, I,m a fairly patient guy. It was more the frustration of not knowing some facts that was bothering me. Now, at least we know that they are in fact, being made, and we have some approximate shipping times(within a decade, HA!).

So let,s all just channel our collective mental energies into making it sooner! Soooooner...soooooner...yes, I do believe that it,s working!

funny post Shang Shi!! LOL
and yes what about the manual?! i want it!! oh and i want the head's dimensions exactly as well, all three of them! mesa guys themselves dont know them haha

Keep working that mental energy guys!!

rispsira said:

funny post Shang Shi!! LOL
and yes what about the manual?! i want it!! oh and i want the head's dimensions exactly as well, all three of them! mesa guys themselves dont know them haha

Keep working that mental energy guys!!

Man, I gotta inject alittle levity into this, and keep myself entertained, otherwise I might start taking hostages! And ya know what happens when you try that...they send navy seals to take you out.

EricFeliciano said:
I talked to someone at Mesa Hollywood again, they told me confidently (for the first time) both that production on the Mark V heads officially began yesterday.. *praise the amp lord* and that they should get the first shipment at the end of the month if all goes well.

I'm freakin' excited!!!

Wow, that is cool! I did,nt know that they could crank em out that fast. Todays already the 15th, that,s just over 2 weeks from now.

Actually, I kinda would like to know, just to know...about how long from start to finish does it take to build one combo or head...hmmm?

Maybe I,ll ask Mr. Owl

Alright I called again to clarify things and I was told that as far the Mesa Hollywood store goes they're under the impression that heads and combos will ship simultaneously. And also said that they're going to ship the first week of May. THAT sounded for sure. :eek:

Koadogg said:
I got a call from my GC rep today saying that my Mark V Head is delayed and that I should have it in 2-3 weeks. I won't hold my breath, but that would be great if it did.
I'll bet my 1,000 bux vs your $50 bux that you don't get it before May 21.

MarkIVwidebody said:
Koadogg said:
I'll bet my 1,000 bux vs your $50 bux that you don't get it before May 21.

I don,t know bout that. It just seems here lately that there,s more of a buzz going on, more new threads and such... not really sure why, but I,m getting a good feeling that maybe we are,nt that far off now...(of course, that could just be heartburn, or gas :lol: )

phyrexia said:
no we're poor like you and can't afford plane tickets to hollywood ;)

if i had the time, i'd go there. having a baby takes up massive amounts of free time... i have no clue what the hell i have my gear for at this point...

I took the family to Disneyland (we live in Northern CA) last week and it killed me to drive right passed that Hollywood exit and keep going.

Saw a head in person AND got to play it at the Dallas Guitar Convention on Sunday! It was amazing! It was the head hooked up to a Mesa 2x12 cab and it was at the Guitar Center booth (strangely...?). It was also right next to the PRS amps that are coming out. Sadly, it wasn't for sale otherwise I would have bought it then. But it does look sweet and sounds amazing.

rabies said:
phyrexia said:
no we're poor like you and can't afford plane tickets to hollywood ;)

if i had the time, i'd go there. having a baby takes up massive amounts of free time... i have no clue what the hell i have my gear for at this point...

At some point I may have kids but I want to be able to take care of them. It does sound like you are doing that anyway :p I'm just returning your hard time man :)

Latest posts

Back