An email I got directly from Mesa

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkIVwidebody

Reaction score
I e-mailed and complained that my dealer wasn't giving any info at all-and they really weren't. Wanted me to just wait and leave them alone til it came in. LOL I asked about my order and production in general and this is what he sent back-

> Thanks for your email and sorry to hear you have not gotten the
> information you have requested.
> You will love the Mark V once you get your hands on it, that is one
> remarkable sounding amp.
>
> I can update you on production;
>
> The Mark V 1x12 combo went into production first in early May.
> By the end of the May we had most of the 1x12's build and shipping.
> In June we started working on the heads, we have finished products now
> and have started shipping the heads. We will continue to build the Mark V
> throughout the month of June and should be shipping them through June
> into early July.
> Keep in mind we will have to fill orders by date and the first Mark V orders
> showed up around Jan 20, Bobs placed their order March 25. So you can
> see there are a numbers of orders that need to be shipped prior to
> yours, but I would
> expect to have at least one of the heads shipped to Bobs during that
> time frame.
>
> I am waiting for a more definite answer from our production crew, and
> will fill
> you in once I get that info, but the above info should be pretty close
> to 100% accurate.

Can you believe they were that far behind? No heads until June.......

I've gotten a few emails from them too about other things. They are a great company and I hope in the end you are happy everything. That's the neat thing about Mesa. THey are people oriented really.

Wow they got slowed down somehow for sure I'd say. I bet it's because they are doing a good job making them? I wish you well.

They didn't get behind. They made ALL combos first, THEN the heads.
ALL amp makers do this.

They did that with the Mark IV's in '89 as I remember waiting for my head for a while after the combos were out. I remember it being longer than a month difference too. No idea why, but they seem to make the combos first. Maybe because they sell more combos?

GIG4FUN said:
That's the neat thing about Mesa. They are people oriented really.

LMFAO! Here's the gist of a couple of emails I had with them a few years ago. I bought a Mesa head on clearance from a national chain a few years back. They were no longer carrying the Mesa brand and clearing out their existing inventory. I contacted Mesa via email about possible warranty concerns. Their reply was essentially "not to worry, we'll take care of you..." A couple of weeks later, there was an issue with the amp blowing fuses. Their reply to this was that as the seller was no longer an authorized dealer, I was screwed.

"People oriented" my arse! I love most of their products. I love the head I got on sale. However, their customer service sucks! I have received way better service from Peavey and Pignose!

ty

MarkIVwidebody said:
I e-mailed and complained that my dealer wasn't giving any info at all-and they really weren't. Wanted me to just wait and leave them alone til it came in. LOL I asked about my order and production in general and this is what he sent back-

> Thanks for your email and sorry to hear you have not gotten the
> information you have requested.
> You will love the Mark V once you get your hands on it, that is one
> remarkable sounding amp.
>
> I can update you on production;
>
> The Mark V 1x12 combo went into production first in early May.
> By the end of the May we had most of the 1x12's build and shipping.
> In June we started working on the heads, we have finished products now
> and have started shipping the heads. We will continue to build the Mark V
> throughout the month of June and should be shipping them through June
> into early July.
> Keep in mind we will have to fill orders by date and the first Mark V orders
> showed up around Jan 20, Bobs placed their order March 25. So you can
> see there are a numbers of orders that need to be shipped prior to
> yours, but I would
> expect to have at least one of the heads shipped to Bobs during that
> time frame.
>
> I am waiting for a more definite answer from our production crew, and
> will fill
> you in once I get that info, but the above info should be pretty close
> to 100% accurate.

Can you believe they were that far behind? No heads until June.......

Bob's in Lima? You're not too far from me then.

MFAO! Here's the gist of a couple of emails I had with them a few years ago. I bought a Mesa head on clearance from a national chain a few years back. They were no longer carrying the Mesa brand and clearing out their existing inventory. I contacted Mesa via email about possible warranty concerns. Their reply was essentially "not to worry, we'll take care of you..." A couple of weeks later, there was an issue with the amp blowing fuses. Their reply to this was that as the seller was no longer an authorized dealer, I was screwed.

"People oriented" my arse! I love most of their products. I love the head I got on sale. However, their customer service sucks! I have received way better service from Peavey and Pignose!

I just have to call BS on this one. Did you get the name of the person at Mesa who told you not to worry? Did you get your warranty paperwork from the dealer? Did you have a dated receipt?

Mesa is very easy to work with in regard to warranty work and repairs. I am led to believe there's something you're not telling us. You could have very simply sent the amp chassis in for repair or taken the amp to another boogie service center.

I had your exact situation occur at work: a gentleman bought a New (!) Old Stock Blue Angel 4x10 amp last year. It was super fresh and he bought it from a store that hadn't been a Boogie dealer for several years. It had a bad capacitor; he brought it into us and the amp was repaired under warranty.

I suppose my experience really has nothing to do with yours, so I am sorry to have piped up about the email.
well... I came out of the woodwork on this one because it's kind of a hidden area they deal in. I always hear "call them" they don't do email etc. (and I do call them first always) And I have had them contact me at least 8 times (three different peoples addy's @ mesa) about things I have had done there so. I just want to repeat how fantastic their customer support has been. And yes, they'll use email if you have not used up all of your Karma points.

phyrexia said:
MFAO! Here's the gist of a couple of emails I had with them a few years ago. I bought a Mesa head on clearance from a national chain a few years back. They were no longer carrying the Mesa brand and clearing out their existing inventory. I contacted Mesa via email about possible warranty concerns. Their reply was essentially "not to worry, we'll take care of you..." A couple of weeks later, there was an issue with the amp blowing fuses. Their reply to this was that as the seller was no longer an authorized dealer, I was screwed.

I just have to call BS on this one. Did you get the name of the person at Mesa who told you not to worry? Did you get your warranty paperwork from the dealer? Did you have a dated receipt?

Mesa is very easy to work with in regard to warranty work and repairs. I am led to believe there's something you're not telling us. You could have very simply sent the amp chassis in for repair or taken the amp to another boogie service center.

I had your exact situation occur at work: a gentleman bought a New (!) Old Stock Blue Angel 4x10 amp last year. It was super fresh and he bought it from a store that hadn't been a Boogie dealer for several years. It had a bad capacitor; he brought it into us and the amp was repaired under warranty.

You can believe what you want. It really happened. I have no reason to BS. I love the amp. I am simply relating *my* experience with Mesa. Yes, I have a receipt. No, I didn't get the person's name. What would be the point? As I said before, they were all smiles until there was a problem. Then, it turned to (paraphrased) "since the dealer (Sam Ash - Nashville) was no longer an authorized dealer, I was on my own."

As for your friend's experience, the store more than likely repaired it at no charge because they actually care about customer service!

ty

thunda1216 said:
You can believe what you want. It really happened. I have no reason to BS. I love the amp. I am simply relating *my* experience with Mesa. Yes, I have a receipt. No, I didn't get the person's name. What would be the point? As I said before, they were all smiles until there was a problem. Then, it turned to (paraphrased) "since the dealer (Sam Ash - Nashville) was no longer an authorized dealer, I was on my own."

As for your friend's experience, the store more than likely repaired it at no charge because they actually care about customer service!

ty

He's not my friend - I met him once when he brought the amp in. I know for a fact the amp was covered under warranty. I saw the paperwork. You didn't do your homework (I never understand why people don't get the names of the persons they speak to, especially when it's about an important matter) and got burned because of it.

You missed an important point - we didn't make a single dime off the guy with the Blue Angel. He has never bought anything from us. Lives 140 miles away. But we did not lose a single cent on the deal in terms of repairing the amp. I don't know what else to say. I'm sorry you had a crappy experience.

Latest posts

Back