• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Free I think I got scammed

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
On February 4th, 2024 I got an email from this forum from a member named "Gurneybob."
I was looking for a head cabinet for Heartbreaker amp.
Gurneybob said that a friend of his, Gregor Eichholz had one for sale.
I reached out the Gregor. He sent me pictures, we sent several emails back and forth.
We agreed on $350 for the head cab and shipping.
I sent the money through PayPal F&F. The PayPal address is: [email protected]
Gregor said that he shipped it on February 12, but then stopped communicating.

I have sent several emails requesting a tracking number. At first, I got answers like, "It shipped yesterday," but then all replies stopped when I again asked for a tracking number.

It's not much money, but I could really use that headshell.

I have bought and sold hundreds of amps and guitars over the last 20 years. Guess it is about time I fell for a scam.......
Just letting other members know.

Hopefully I'm wrong. Hopefully Gregor is just not very good at communicating. Hopefully it was shipped Parcel Select or some other slow method.....

I use F&F a lot, but I almost always make sure to talk with the seller over the phone.
I didn't do that this time.......I was watching a movie with my wife instead......should have forced a phone call!

Sounds like the same scam involving a headshell for sale on this forum for a while.

Had a similar incident occur with a seller out of AK, but I refused to send the funds via F&F.

The seller insisted. Something was strange with their story, so reported it to Admin.

That user was booted by end of day. The Admin said it has happened before.

On February 4th, 2024 I got an email from this forum from a member named "Gurneybob."
I was looking for a head cabinet for Heartbreaker amp.
Gurneybob said that a friend of his, Gregor Eichholz had one for sale.
I reached out the Gregor. He sent me pictures, we sent several emails back and forth.
We agreed on $350 for the head cab and shipping.
I sent the money through PayPal F&F. The PayPal address is: [email protected]
Gregor said that he shipped it on February 12, but then stopped communicating.

I have sent several emails requesting a tracking number. At first, I got answers like, "It shipped yesterday," but then all replies stopped when I again asked for a tracking number.

It's not much money, but I could really use that headshell.

I have bought and sold hundreds of amps and guitars over the last 20 years. Guess it is about time I fell for a scam.......
Just letting other members know.

Hopefully I'm wrong. Hopefully Gregor is just not very good at communicating. Hopefully it was shipped Parcel Select or some other slow method.....
Sorry to hear this, thanks for the heads up.

Dom

Sorry to hear the scammer got your money. These people have no shame. I have been scammed on the price of a guitar. It wasn’t what he claimed it to be.

Regards

Mark

I get that alot on reverb...the email addresses and names not tallying up is a first flag, sad that there is so many people acting without conscience trying to Rob people of their hard earned money

That same exact GREGOR person tried scamming me also. Said he had a top cardboard for my Mark IV and III back and forth emails, everything seemed legit until he wouldn't take Paypal G&S. Sorry this happened to you man, I hate scammers

That same exact GREGOR person tried scamming me also. Said he had a top cardboard for my Mark IV and III back and forth emails, everything seemed legit until he wouldn't take Paypal G&S. Sorry this happened to you man, I hate scammers
This to me is the biggest red flag. Honestly it should be buyer’s choice on how to pay.. mostly. But the only protection for buyers is method of payment. Granted it does go both ways and pros and cons to each. Best is local 🫤

I agree, usually I am more careful

On an ironic note, I got this email a couple of days ago……

carriedi started a new conversation with you at Mesa Boogie Amp Forum.

Heartbreaker head shell

Hey, have you try asking S60HUB about the Heartbreaker head shell he has to part out? If not i will advise you to ask him because the last time i spoke with him, it's still available and he wants to let it go for a very affordable offer. You can email him for a fast response. [email protected] Have a nice day.​

In this world there are two types of people... those who work full time, and those who scam full time. The last ones are a sub specie, parasites that feed off the good ones like us here.

Sorry to read all of this and hopefully none of this happens again.

It is a shame to hear of how others take advantage of people. Sorry to hear about your issue.

That is their game, take advantage of others. Just like those that steal credit card information and go shopping on your account. To them it is free stuff or free money. Theft on all counts. Makes you wonder how many other victims these people have targeted.

It’s only $350, it’s not the end of the world
It does piss me off, but it is what it is

In the end, I just want people to know so that they don’t fall for the BS
Still leaves a crappy feeling that there are crappy people out there looking to make a fast buck by taking advantage of good honest people and their well-intentioned trust. What goes around comes around, for the good folks as well:)

I agree, usually I am more careful

On an ironic note, I got this email a couple of days ago……

carriedi started a new conversation with you at Mesa Boogie Amp Forum.​

Heartbreaker head shell

Hey, have you try asking S60HUB about the Heartbreaker head shell he has to part out? If not i will advise you to ask him because the last time i spoke with him, it's still available and he wants to let it go for a very affordable offer. You can email him for a fast response. [email protected] Have a nice day.​
THAT is the address the scammer who tried to get me used!

Never. Ever. Ever. Ever. EVER, use PayPal Friends And Family option to send payment for anything you are buying, where you do not already have a FULLY trusted relationship with the other party!!!!!

By doing so you lose ALL buyer protection that PayPal would give you if you had simply used the regular "pay for goods and services and give us our fair 3 percent" option.

You use their services, try to cheap out, actually scamming PayPal, and karma bites you....and of COURSE PayPal won't back you up.

That may seem a bit harsh, but the truth is that using F&F to pay for goods is kind of a scam against paypal. They specifically prohibit it if you read their TOS.

A couple years ago, I put a Wanted ad for a head shell. The first person who responded seemed sketchy and was pointing to another user who supposedly made them but "had one left." A few weeks ago I got the query attached. I didn't answer but that message has been deleted. Not sure by who. Clearly the crooks are still in business and proactive.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240315_090802_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240315_090802_Gmail.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back