MKIII Footswitch Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ursinus

Reaction score
My new NOS MKIII Blue Stripe did not come with footswitches as they were lost by the dealer some time ago, so i'm building a switching interface for it like I did for my old MKIV. My question is can I just use normal dry contact relays for all three switch inputs? I know that the rev/eq is a stereo plug, but can they all share the same ground? Or do I need to isolate them. Also, do I need the resistor and diode on the Lead/Rythm to make the load correct? Mesa sent me the schematics, but the eq/rev was fuzzy so I could not tell if the dry contact switching would work on either. The schematic does not look like it needs anything other than dry contacts to switch, but I thought I would ask here before I build my switcher. :D

BTW, I love this amp, I should gotten one of these a long time ago. Love it more than my old MKIV. :shock:
Also put 5881's in the outer sockets and NOS Sylvania's in the inner sockets. I'm in heaven.... 8)

Relays are ok, and you won't need the LED / Resistor load.
But the switches cannot (or at least should not) share ground. If reverb and channel switch share ground, this results in hum. Rhtyhm/lead and R1/R2 is ok although.
I built a simple switch for my MKIII with these three switches (don't have EQ) in one housing and wanted to use one stereo cable for R1/R2 and reverb, because they are both on the back, but that didn't work - great hum. Now I' using one cable per switch :?
My LEDs are powered by an external 9V power supply, because otherwise there would be no LED for the reverb switch.

Latest posts

Back