Mesa Subway Blues?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chimaera1982

Reaction score
Hi All

I know this subject has been beaten to death, but from the search it states that the hum problem occurs with the earlier versions of the Subway Blues. I have an opportunity to buy a Mesa Subway Blues at a good price, it is the one with the bright/fat switch and single input. I believe this is after Mesa sorted out the hum problems in the earlier batch. The owner states that there is some hum in the amp, stated that its more of background hum. I have not tested the amp personally as yet. But could the new batch be affected by the hum or is it just a bad tube perhaps?
Am thinking of getting it as my practice/back up amp/grab and go small gig amp. My main amp is a Heartbreaker. Any thoughts on this. I live in Singapore, and I will have to use a step down transformer, we use 220V ac around here. Does this contribute to the hum? My Mesa Heartbreaker came with 220V special order so have no problems there.

Thanks a lot guys

Best regards,

Ian

Latest posts

Back