• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold / Withdrawn boogie overload unload - cheap!!!!!!!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electric mayhem

Reaction score
Someone locally is moving out of state and unloading a hoard. He has delivered 36 so far to a local music shop and is awaiting a bid for these 20 pictured.

No Marks. One of the ED's has posted for $699, most have not. The Denver Metro is about to be flooded with these Mesa's.

Bunch of DC's, LS's, Nomads, Blue angels, Ace's, some cream colored cabs, mostly combos of all stripes.

Non-mesa: Blackstars, pre and post CBS Fender and a million Epi LP's for guitars.

He isn't interested in shipping and the store doesn't either.

I suspect the old Fenders aren't going to be sold super cheap but they may be a bargain. I'm going to stop by and look at what's there.

I am going to have some set aside so if you'll be in Denver anytime soon and want a cheap Mesa or other lmk and I can hold it for you. I'll as him if he'd be willing to take payment not from me and deliver them to me for you. For a price I'll ship it to you and I'm good at wrapping/packing. I'm not trying to go into business here but the more amps sold together the better the price is going to be. There is a trust issue here so if you are not comfortable no problem. As many amps as that store is taking in and trying to distribute to the other affiliates locally you may be able to talk them into shipping or they may just offer it knowing they are shooting themselves in the foot with this flooding.

e.g. I think an ace can be had for $500-700. For the store to do the ED for $699 they prob only paid $300-350 for it- but they bought 36 amps so far.

1704993791442.png

For anybody west of Denver and since many of you know @GJgo, if you can talk him into helping you logistically, for time, gas money and a ski ticket to Powderhorn I am happy to drive amps to Grand Junction.

Same for anyone in those tucked away places for a ski ticket and a floor to crash on with 3 not small dogs. Wolf Creek,, Monarch and other smaller communities over the big ones unless you have comp tickets to Jackson hole, etc.

Anyone along I-80 west of here all the way to the mighty mighty towering trees is also a possibility in the near future.

I will upload some pics shortly.

having never played the LS I'm going to take the classic and all the specials and see if one stands out to me over time.

I believe I have effectively diverted the next batch sale this way which will help everybody from these hitting the local market.

I plan to take all the Aces. Heartbreakers, the 2 cream ED's, some blue angels, a nomad for myself since I've never played one and there is a handful of those, couple tremos and a Maverick. Many of these are 4x10 and all are combos.

These are obviously not the hot ticket items for mesa but the price is going to be right since I'm committing to a large bunch. This could be a good chance to try one of these on the cheap if it works out for you and if anyone interested is in Denver you are welcome to go with me or reach out to him yourself. The less that goes to the store the better.

There is a handful of wine taurus Blackstars.

The music shop took most of his guitars (epi LP). He has some elite series and some HHH ones that are his prized ones and for the right price would let go.

6 prosonic, 3 supersonic, a few vibrolux black and silver face. I may take one each of those.

PM me if any of those interest you. The price per is very good at this point on the mesa's and I assume those blackstars too. While not blowing out the vibrolux ones he seems very reasonable.

Cheers with beers!
I might have to go talk to my dark friend, Samuel.

The bulk of the mesa amps are in the 1st photo I posted.

Attachments

• 20240111_162148.jpg
    20240111_162148.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240111_162639.jpg
    20240111_162639.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240111_162651.jpg
    20240111_162651.jpg
    581.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240111_163004.jpg
    20240111_163004.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240111_163029.jpg
    20240111_163029.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240111_163104.jpg
    20240111_163104.jpg
    546.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240111_163128.jpg
    20240111_163128.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240111_163202.jpg
    20240111_163202.jpg
    360.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240111_163251.jpg
    20240111_163251.jpg
    453.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20240111_163551.jpg
    20240111_163551.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 0
Man, I want a Blue Angel!
Wrong time of the year for me to take a road trip though!
Where are you located?

I'm taking the BA in the black and blue taurus that I like even tho it's a bit nicked up. There may be interest in 2 more but there are 4. Two are in the typical Maverick tolex and there is a Maverick 4x10 too. The nomad 4x10 45's and BA's are at $500.

I'll be following up today as I'm leaning to add all the fenders. Prosonics and supers may not be great sellers but we have remarkably close guitar backgrounds (Tony Iommi taught us both how to play guitar etc) and he has convinced me I will probably like them and it's a chance to try out 3 vibro's which I'll likely end up liking too.

Update:
I made some mistakes on what was available; I also made the seller happy by adding 75 per amp. he was over a barrel and going to get a worse offer than my 1st from the store so it turns out I am not a good business person but I don't want to be the one holding someone over a barrel for mesas.
They are not a steal anymore but good prices.

We have an agreement for all the remaining mesa but it will take me a little time to move some money before I take possession.

The seller has a zelle account if anyone would like something peeled off at my cost plus shipping and I told him I would box it up. I ask that you donate $20 per amp if you do for the new server here. Even better if you can pick up locally as I don't want to get to crazy with shipping. I got a oak IIA today all busted up and while the seller didn't have a packing clue anything shipped has to be fully insured.

Specifically, there are
2 BA 4x10 in tan or whatever the Maverick tolex is (plus the one I''m keeping)
1 maverick 4x10
6 Aces, 5 green- 3# 1x12, 2# 2x12
2 cream ED and I'll keep one
7 Nomads - a 100W 2x12, a 410 45, 2# 410 55, 3# 2x12 45
I want to try the 100W. Not sure if all the 45's have the variable feedback but I plan to keep one of those

For now I am going to hold onto the heartbreakers, LS specials and plan to keep a classic but down the road plan to sell a breaker and one of the specials. There are 2 normal specials and 1 in a brown paisley textured custom.

I will leave this up till tomorrow and then will pull the post. You guys know where to find me.

Update:
I made some mistakes on what was available; I also made the seller happy by adding 75 per amp. he was over a barrel and going to get a worse offer than my 1st from the store so it turns out I am not a good business person but I don't want to be the one holding someone over a barrel for mesas.
They are not a steal anymore but good prices.

We have an agreement for all the remaining mesa but it will take me a little time to move some money before I take possession.

The seller has a zelle account if anyone would like something peeled off at my cost plus shipping and I told him I would box it up. I ask that you donate $20 per amp if you do for the new server here. Even better if you can pick up locally as I don't want to get to crazy with shipping. I got a oak IIA today all busted up and while the seller didn't have a packing clue anything shipped has to be fully insured.

Specifically, there are
2 BA 4x10 in tan or whatever the Maverick tolex is (plus the one I''m keeping)
1 maverick 4x10
6 Aces, 5 green- 3# 1x12, 2# 2x12
2 cream ED and I'll keep one
7 Nomads - a 100W 2x12, a 410 45, 2# 410 55, 3# 2x12 45
I want to try the 100W. Not sure if all the 45's have the variable feedback but I plan to keep one of those

For now I am going to hold onto the heartbreakers, LS specials and plan to keep a classic but down the road plan to sell a breaker and one of the specials. There are 2 normal specials and 1 in a brown paisley textured custom.

I will leave this up till tomorrow and then will pull the post. You guys know where to find me.
You could well end up liking the Prosonic, I have a '98 that I picked up in London UK for pennies 8 years ago. Set up right they can dial in some great tone and are versatile (and LOUD) with the 3 way rectifier switch. Mine is seldom off 30W Class A setting as that's the sweet spot for me. There's an FX loop issue and channel switch pop that were fixed in the prod run after 2000 but you can find the mods by designer Bruce Zinky online. What's the price on the black tolex Pro BTW? The red and sea green LO serials seem to fetch a bit more FWIW.

You could well end up liking the Prosonic, I have a '98 that I picked up in London UK for pennies 8 years ago. Set up right they can dial in some great tone and are versatile (and LOUD) with the 3 way rectifier switch. Mine is seldom off 30W Class A setting as that's the sweet spot for me. There's an FX loop issue and channel switch pop that were fixed in the prod run after 2000 but you can find the mods by designer Bruce Zinky online. What's the price on the black tolex Pro BTW? The red and sea green LO serials seem to fetch a bit more FWIW.
Thank you for that. The fenders are his babies. I didn't talk price on the sonics but he threw out a price on the 3x vibrolux and the next day seemed to balk at what he told me. Aside from the tolex I do not see a huge demand for either sonic but I ave always wanted to try a supersonic and he convinced me I need to try the pro; and will probably like both.

After agreeing to take all the remaining Mesa higher than I wanted to go I asked him to consider that in a future bid for all his Fenders without getting into the weeds. I will likely take one of his black beauty epi hhh LPs too since I don't have the hhh SG I would prefer, and if it doesn't sell a JCM 800 lead combo just to try one. Not that I need another rabbit hole.

A fine choice on the Epi BB sir! Seems we share the same good taste in . That's my 97 Unsung below. If you do acquire one, I recommend you do the non-invasive tone pot mod (becomes a vol pot for middle pup) that gives you every combo of 3 pups - inc all 3 at once! I have the schematic FYI.

Attachments

• IMG_0833.jpg
    IMG_0833.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 0
My head was swimming in a mesa pond but the way I understood it the middle was sort of a blend in on either the neck, bridge or both?

Classic 57s are a sweet spot for me and I know one of his has them but for taking all the mesa he is giving me my choice to feel them out thru one (or more) of the Fenders and take my pick.

My dream pawn / garage sale find would be the Fender '13 deluxe SG loaded with triple 57s (plus maybe?) and bigsby. Deff the blue but the outrageous orange, green or red would feel just as good under my fingers. I had one all lined up and let it slip away before they went collector.

A fine choice on the Epi BB sir! Seems we share the same good taste in . That's my 97 Unsung below. If you do acquire one, I recommend you do the non-invasive tone pot mod (becomes a vol pot for middle pup) that gives you every combo of 3 pups - inc all 3 at once! I have the schematic FYI.
And I do see a brand there the market was really stupid about and before I got the firebrand SG my guitar was the S100. Is that a starfire II? I have the green IV and V. I don't like gold usually. Not long ago S300 and S200 were had for $500ish but the market seems to have wised up a bit. That brand does not get the respect but collectors probably waded into the old stuff just cuz it is old.

LP 3 winds up like below 3 x vol and 1 x master tone. That blonde you see is a '98 Korean SF IV synonymous with the glorious De Armond USA Gold pups it rocks. I was searching for a 60's T100-D when I grabbed it as a stopgap. Aside from being a little heavy I have no complaints for the pittance it cost. Unfortunately I was a little late to the party for the T100-D as they tripled in price virtually overnight and didn't come down. I should have paid US$800 when I had the chance....

Attachments

• les-paul-3pu-mod-schematic.pdf
    36.2 KB · Views: 0
LP 3 winds up like below 3 x vol and 1 x master tone. That blonde you see is a '98 Korean SF IV synonymous with the glorious De Armond USA Gold pups it rocks. I was searching for a 60's T100-D when I grabbed it as a stopgap. Aside from being a little heavy I have no complaints for the pittance it cost. Unfortunately I was a little late to the party for the T100-D as they tripled in price virtually overnight and didn't come down. I should have paid US$800 when I had the chance....
Thank you!

Back