Mesa Mark Series w/KT88/6550?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think kt88's will work. the voltages, and currents too high or something like that. The kt88 plate voltage more than 500 volts i think. they may even be physically to big to fit. kt66's on the other hand... maybe some genelex, svetlana or gold lion. they should work.

scott

KT66s, I hear, will work, but it may be a tight squeeze. These tubes are physically large, and the sockets on Marks aren't spaced to fit them. KT77s are a good alternative, since they are the same size as an EL34, but its a different sound. The guys at EuroTubes have a whole page dedicated to this topic. They say that the Recto line and Wide chassis Mark IV's are the only amps that can fit KT's.

>Photi G< said:
KT66s, I hear, will work, but it may be a tight squeeze. These tubes are physically large, and the sockets on Marks aren't spaced to fit them. KT77s are a good alternative, since they are the same size as an EL34, but its a different sound. The guys at EuroTubes have a whole page dedicated to this topic. They say that the Recto line and Wide chassis Mark IV's are the only amps that can fit KT's.

I've tried the KT77s in mine, the bias is too cold. I'm putting the info together to add a bias pot so this won't be a problem in the future. There are too many variables for the bias to always be in the right range and Mesa Tubes are typically TOO cold so I'm ready to try something else.

Latest posts

Back