• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Matching 2x12 Straight Vertical

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wanted

quad48uF

Reaction score
Not sure if these exist, but am looking for a bottom version of this cab. If anyone has one interested in selling please let me know. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9772.jpeg
    IMG_9772.jpeg
    313.1 KB · Views: 6
It exists.

Not sure there is a straight baffle version but there are bottoms with straight sides. Off the top of my head I can't remember if the road ready has a straight or slant baffle.

It exists.

Not sure there is a straight baffle version but there are bottoms with straight sides. Off the top of my head I can't remember if the road ready has a straight or slant baffle.
I’ve never seen a bottom cab (straight sides) for a vertical metal grill 2x12 like his. Pretty sure they don’t exists. However there are plenty of vertical metal grill 4x12 bottom cabs out there, not that that helps quad48uF

I’ve never seen a bottom cab (straight sides) for a vertical metal grill 2x12 like his. Pretty sure they don’t exists. However there are plenty of vertical metal grill 4x12 bottom cabs out there, not that that helps quad48uF
Nah, this isn't priority. Was more curious than anything. I'll assemble the 4x12s in 2024!

No 2x12 bottoms besides the road ready?
Maybe with all the 4x12 bottoms I'm just thinking I saw one.

Honestly that is what I was thinking was the slants with the side panels attached.
Well you can't go wrong with the 4x12's. I've got a full stack of the EVM 412's, a MC90/V30, MC90/VS-12, MC90/EV, and creamback H75/EV. A couple of those are 2x12.

Obviously I need a MS-12 one! I have a SOB combo on the way that should give me the 4th MS-12 so now I need a cab for them. A halfback would work, but I'd like to get more 3/4 backs. I've considered an OS or trad and making my own open back from plywood.

I picked up the RR 2x12 and a handful of RR bass and guitar cabs so far too. Some diseases are palatable...

Last edited:
GAS can be a difficult “disease” from which to recover. ;)

I had two full 4x12 stacks at one time. Those beasts sounded glorious but were heavy. Pretty sure all were loaded with EV’s and MS-12’s. It’s been awhile so that might not be accurate but those two are my favorite speakers.

That speaker combo is my favorite ”stack” (EV’s on the bottom, MS-12’s up top) be that in a 2x12, 4x12, or an EV loaded Thiele cab with an MS-12 loaded 1x12 cab sitting on top of the Thiele.

Last edited:
I had two full 4x12 stacks at one time. Those beasts sounded glorious but were heavy. Pretty sure all were loaded with EV’s and MS-12’s. It’s been awhile so that might not be accurate but those two are my favorite speakers.

That speaker combo is my favorite ”stack” (EV’s on the bottom, MS-12’s up top) be that in a 2x12, 4x12, or an EV loaded Thiele cab with an MS-12 loaded 1x12 cab sitting on top of the Thiele.
Now were talking! Loudly!

Well, it not an exact matching cab but dang if it’s not a perfect fit! Got a good lead on getting a matching metal grill too.

Just a little back story, I had wanted to add 15” speakers to my rig and I had tried a plethora of them before landing on, you guessed it, two EVM15L. I scooped up that bottom 215 with the original EVM15L speakers for $150. It has a removable dark grey covered grill and the coolest thing, the quarter inch jack in the back is the twist and lock type. The 212 is loaded with two EVM12L too. Could not be more happy with the tones through this rig
IMG_3018.jpeg

That 212 of mine came with a MS-12 in the top. Not that I don’t like it but man having two EVM12L in that thing is just the best, and now having the 15s on the bottom I couldn’t ask for a better tone

Back