EQ inductor mfr and can I purchase from Mesa

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all..

I’m working on a small project for myself and am looking for quality audio inductors. Does anyone know the mfr of the Mesa inductors used in the EQ? Also, does anyone know if Mesa would sell me a couple values..especially the 1 Henry..I think I can use Fastron inductors, but I really like the tone quality of the Mesa EQ. Since I recently purchased my Mark V:35, I’d rather not open it at this point and possibly void the warranty.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Removing the Chassis from the amp should not void the warranty. There are those that have the JP2C limited model, the only way to get to the preamp tubes with ease is to remove the chassis. They just do not want you to do this in case you get exposed to any stored potential energy in the capacitors. You may not be able to see all of the values of the inductors as it may be printed on the side and they are closely packed together on the PCB.

However, if you do a search for a used Mesa 5BGEQ pedal, (edit there is also the Flux Five) you can take that apart without removing the amp chassis from its shell. It has the basic components but in addition to a power supply for operation.

If you even found the manufacturer used by Mesa, the actual part number on the inductor will be a proprietary item for Mesa only. I doubt they would sell to you or any other company willing to buy in the thousands. If it is just a stock item sold through distribution, that is a different story.

Most companies that manufacture components will not sell direct in small quantities. If you are not a company they will not give you samples, however, if you are a student, it may be possible to get parts that way as I have done that for my senior design project when I was in college. Most I what I needed I got through distribution.

You had me curious to find out what the brand of the inductors were. I scanned through all of the images I had of my Mesa amp gut shots. Found one that had the Manufacturers name on it.

Falco Electronics.

I tried to find the actual parts, no luck.

I attached a zoomed in portion of the JP2C gut shot. Hard to make out the part numbers but the brand name was readable on a few of them. There may be other manufacturers mixed in. Not all of them have Falco on their labels.

JP2C inductors of GEQ.JPG

At first, the Mesa store does not have a category for the parts. Just use the search bar at the top and type in what you need. You can find the large capacitors, a few power and output transformers and a few other things too. It is sort of hidden from view but it is there. Not sure if the cart is active though. All 5 of the inductors for the GEQ are there as well.

Back