Convince a mark III owner

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justice1988

Reaction score
What can the V bring over the III in regards to metal? So far, I'm left feeling the III has more gain and aggression than even extreme mode.

Justice1988 said:
What can the V bring over the III in regards to metal? So far, I'm left feeling the III has more gain and aggression than even extreme mode.

Actually NO

Apart the question is,which speaker and what EQ level you use .But I think the Mark V has at least more gain,as far as I remember.
But then again I never really bonded with the III
Roland

mark I-->Mark II(not C+)-->Mark III( a month)--> a friends Mark IV-->GAAAAAAAAAAP-->Mark V

I think the Mark V can get pretty close if you're using the same set up. It definitely has a more 'modernized' sound going on. The Mark III to my ears is definitely more raw. They're both killer amps. It's really just a matter of who's playing them.

If you have the Mk III and keeping it, you can slave the Mk V into the return of the III. Thats what I do but I like the amp both ways. A friend slaved it into an old Marshall but he bought a Mk CII+ and sold me the MK V.

I actually like the Mk V better for the 3 separate channels, if the III had the separate channels it would be perfect. The Mk V has lots more gain than what I use, watch the youtube vid with Lamb Of God, pretty heavy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t9Hax53GNY

Also to note: I really like the mix of the EL34's and 6L6 (Simuclass) in the Mark III. I think I would've had the Mark V a long time ago if this were the case. That just adds to the magic in these amps.

Justice1988 said:
what would be the benefit of slaving it?
Cranking the Mk V into a Palmer and slave out to My Mk III lets me open up the volume on the Mk V and use more of the Mk III for coloring and controlling vol.

Latest posts

Back