Combo to head conversion

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb's 52

Reaction score
Hey all...

I went and took my MarkV combo and converted it to a head.
My question is how is the reverb tank suppose to go? Is there a
conversion kit I'm missing for it? The combo has a wood "cover"
when it's attached to the combo's cab, but that "cover" won't work
on the head...well, it will but it'll stick out.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated...thanks!!

Good pic of the reverb unit in a V head here:

http://en.audiofanzine.com/tube-guitar-amp-head/mesa-boogie/mark-v-head/medias/pictures/a.play,m.440227.html

Ah yeah...

Ok...so where does that metal cover come from? I guess I need to get that from Mesa.

Thanks!

jb's 52 said:
Ah yeah...

Ok...so where does that metal cover come from? I guess I need to get that from Mesa.

Thanks!
Looks like that metal plate is just a sheet of metal with 4 mounting holes in each corner. You could make something like that for a few dollars. If you have the tools mind you. Maybe someone with a Mark V could be kind enough to take some measurements for you.

Surely there are some detailed DIY threads for building a head shell for Mark series amps somewhere?

Hello,

I also recently converted my combo to a head, but the shell builder cut the reverb tank hole too close to the transformer and with the connectors facing forward instead of the back, causing a hum in ch1. He will rebuild the shell bottom side.

Could someone that have a original MKV head please take a photo of the bottom side of the head? I'd like to know if the reverb tank goes entirely through the head shell floor.

Many thanks in advance!

image.jpg1.jpg

image.jpg2.jpg

image.jpg3.jpg

Latest posts

Back