Back to controlling the loudness topic

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the Dyne, absolutely love it. Only one way to play it LOUD! Pussies need not apply! If it's too loud buy a Marshall, this thing is meant to roar.

To throw in my newbie 3 cents, I've only had my ED for a few days but like it at all volumes. Speaker wise I substitute an old EV SRO 12", 60's era, that I have in a modded old Silvertone cab. It only can handle the 45W mode but works well. When I use the 90W I use the c90 with the EV, amp in 4 ohm and the two compliment an incredible range. Impressed with the range the presence, treble and mids effect. I'm fortunate in that I have a well treated basement area so it doesn't make the neighbors, or wife crazy when I get the master up to 11 and 12.
My point being that environment and speakers play the biggest volume/tone factors along with pups for me. Special thanks to all of you sharing the info and opening op other technical avenues for me to learn from, like the London Works etc...

Reilly88

Analog Kid said:
Sounds good at low volumes... Sounds better loud, and when you open it up hits like the hammer of the gods.

I love it when you get the master up to about noon on 45 watts, roll the volume back, and listen to the smooth, gentle, purr of beautiful breakup. It's a shame that expensive china is damned to becoming dust at those volumes!!

Back