• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTTF: Your Boogie (Amp & Guitar trade inside)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sp3ktral

Reaction score
Sorry, I can no longer do the $375 shipped, deal fell through...However, I am now putting this up for trade along with my Ibanez JS100 in black, includes tremol-no installed, all tremol-no hardware (and original spring claw), and a hardshell case.

Looking to trade for a new amp! Whatcha got?

Line 6 HD147 head, good condition, fully functional, FUCKING LOUD. This thing is a monster. And despite what experiences you may have had with the pod/spider amps, this head really delivers GOOD and LOUD tones. I've never had to turn it up past half way and my bands play stupid loud. It's more geared towards the heavier sounds but there are fantastic tones for all styles of music in this amp.

here's the Line 6 specs:
8 Coveted Vintage Amp Models
10 Essential Modern Tones
14 "Other Worldly" Custom Tones from crystal clean to grinding mayhem
Mix and Match cabinet models
Award-winning amp tone available at the stereo XLR direct outputs
300-watt Stereo Current Based Power Amp
Thick 'n' Fast Low End
Headroom for Days
12 Vintage effect models based on award-winning Line 6® Delay and Modulation Modeler
Line 6 website for more info:
http://line6.com/hd147/index.html

PICS!

noname-4.jpg

noname3-3.jpg

noname4-3.jpg

noname5-3.jpg

Ibanez JS100

Neck Material: Maple
Neck Type: JS
Body: Basswood body
Frets: Medium frets
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Inlay: Pearl dot inlay
Bridge: Lo-TRS II (with Tremol-no installed)
NeckPU: AH1
BridgePU: AH2
HW Color: CH
Finishes: BK, TR

Pics (i didn't take these, but the guitar is still in the exact same condition):
1998_js100_03.jpg

1998_js100_02.jpg

1998_js100_01.jpg

1998_js100_04.jpg

1998_js100_05.jpg

1998_js100_09.jpg

just to clarify...i would be interested in any amp for trade, but a Recto would be an immediate deal :)

CoolRails said:
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I seriously doubt anyone would trade ANY Mesa for ANY Line 6. Line 6 is crap.

I can't speak for all line 6 gear but my friend and former band member has the spider valve head. Designer Reinhold Bogner put his name on the amp. God what a sales pitch that was. I feel sorry for people that went ahead and bought it thinking they were gonna get real bogner amp tones like my friend did. Well he put his name on it and made some big bucks thats all. Your not gonna get bogner ecstasy tones with that head i am sorry. You get what you pay for most of the time.

MODELING FLEXIBILITY FUSED WITH TUBE AMP PERFORMANCE :lol: :lol: Give me a break come on. They fooled a lot of people on this one IMO.

Sp3ktral said:
I don't really want to sell this head, but make an offer if you are dead set on buying it. I'd really like to do a straight trade for another head. I'd REALLY love to trade for a Mesa Boogie Recto head...

If it were a "real Bogner Amp" well now you are talking sensible

CoolRails said:
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

In the poster's defense, it is an expensive Line 6 head. But it is a Line 6, nonetheless. I wouldnt trade

lol I agree...just brutal. Oh well, if it makes them feel better about owning whatever they own, great. If anyone is interested in trading for my amp let me know, but if you're just going to talk trash make a thread somewhere else and insult me. :D

I really don't think it is a great idea to totally bash the amp a person is trying to sell. A person can sell what they want for what they want. If you don't have good things to say, you shouldn't be bothered to write them down period.

Good luck with your sale man!!

Sp3ktral said:
lol I agree...just brutal. Oh well, if it makes them feel better about owning whatever they own, great. If anyone is interested in trading for my amp let me know, but if you're just going to talk trash make a thread somewhere else and insult me. :D

GL with the sale/trade man. little tactic i would use as well would be to patrol the classifieds looking for recto's up for sale and offer a trade, its worth a shot.

Line 6 amps are a little overpriced new but they're not a bad product. I saw Steve Howe playing a flextone live with Yes last summer, didn't seem to slow him down 8)

Sp3ktral said:
just to clarify...i would be interested in any amp for trade, but a Recto would be an immediate deal :)

Yeah it definitely would be :)

Sp3ktral said:
I really don't think it is a great idea to totally bash the amp a person is trying to sell. A person can sell what they want for what they want. If you don't have good things to say, you shouldn't be bothered to write them down period.

Ya know if people weren't allowed to voice their opinions about a topic then this board would be quite useless. Its up to individuals to make up their own minds. I am just speaking from my "own experience" using line 6 gear. I have had the opportunity to try a lot of their equipment. from a few different amps and a couple of the pod rackmounts. Didn't like it

Everyone is so worried about hurting other peoples feelings these days. everything is so "sugar coated"
Having opinions is great isn't it. Thats what makes our country so great. Lets keep it that way.

Its not an insult to voice your opinion. I am sorry you feel that way man. 8)
Maybe you should buy It

halfnote said:
Line 6 amps are a little overpriced new but they're not a bad product. I saw Steve Howe playing a flextone live with Yes last summer, didn't seem to slow him down 8)

Never played a Flextone model.
YES is an unbelievable band man. Enjoy listening to their music from time to time!!!! :)

CoolRails said:
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I wanted to post this but did not because I have gotten flamed for flaming peoples choice of gear.

Everytime I see these heads I think someone must have walked into a GC and bought the salesperson's BS hook, line and sinker of how great this amp is.

Those little spider valve combos are awsome for bedroom amps. Line 6 has its place in the guitar community. Good luck with the trade, man. That head you have is one of the better heads that Line 6 makes and would sound pretty good.

There should be a rule that if you have no explicit and relevant experience with the gear in question, you cannot comment on it's quality. It's quite clear from several user reviews I've heard on the HD147 and also youtubes of it, that it's a decent piece of gear. I also had a chance to hear one played pretty loud through a marshall 4x12 and it sounded good, not awesome but good. It was in a music store so the guy playing it likely didn't have a lot of experience dialing it in.

However, all that being said, I still wouldn't trade a used boogie head for it. They just aren't in the same price range. Even the cheapest boogies are worth more than that head is dollar wise.

The OP is *wishing* very hard that he'll run into a line 6 fan that got a boogie and is disgruntled at the "lack of versatility" and "thin sound" etc...

Man, I just ditched all my digital modeling gear so I could get back into the land of the tube! I picked up an Express 5:25 12" and am now truly inspired. I had forgotten how magical playing though a good tube amp can be. I played for 3 and a half hours yesterday - just losing myself in the music. My digital gear never inspired me to play like that.

I do not blame a guy for trying though! Good luck dude! The folks I have seen in this forum seem way too attached to their Mesa gear to trade for most any amp - let alone a digital modeling one.

i appreciate the support! :)

I am obviously not expecting someone to walk in and give away their brand new mark V or anythign like that...but i have known people to 'change' their tastes or maybe they have a beat up amp that they don't expect to get something better for? I honestly don't ever expect to get an offer but I figured why not? worst that could happen is get harassed by some people on the net :lol: :D

if anyone is interested in throwing me a trade offer of an amp let me know.

No offense to the people who posted before flaming Line 6, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

The HD147 is a great sounding amp with pretty much all the good sounding high gain models from the Vetta. I own a Vetta II Combo and it is the one amp I've truly been satisfied with after a few months of the purchase, and it cost MUCH less than others I've had (Mesa Road King/Mark IV, Diezel Einstein, Splawn Nitro, etc.).

Line 6 Spiders are crap, yes, but the HD147 is a high-end head. The reason the price is so low is because people like those who posted at the beginning draw conclusions based on low end, entry-level models. Granted, they're not for everyone, but they deserve a hell of a lot more credit than people are giving them. Judging an entire company based off one crappy amp would've had tons of companies out of business a long time ago :roll:

MatrixClaw said:
No offense to the people who posted before flaming Line 6, but you have no idea what you're talking about.

The HD147 is a great sounding amp with pretty much all the good sounding high gain models from the Vetta. I own a Vetta II Combo and it is the one amp I've truly been satisfied with after a few months of the purchase, and it cost MUCH less than others I've had (Mesa Road King/Mark IV, Diezel Einstein, Splawn Nitro, etc.).

Line 6 Spiders are crap, yes, but the HD147 is a high-end head. The reason the price is so low is because people like those who posted at the beginning draw conclusions based on low end, entry-level models. Granted, they're not for everyone, but they deserve a hell of a lot more credit than people are giving them. Judging an entire company based off one crappy amp would've had tons of companies out of business a long time ago :roll:

quoted for truth.

Back