Subway Blues vs. Subway Rocket Reverb - Need Opinions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdortona

Reaction score
Looking to pick up one of these amps for a lighter rig (I have back probs). I'm currently using an EXpress 525+, which is pretty much my weight limit. Aside from the Rocket having a dirty channel and shared EQ, how do the amps compare on the clean channel and noise at idle. I have read here on the Board that the Blues are quite noisy/hissy? Ditto for the Rocket?? All opinions welcomed. Thanks!

Matt

Don't know about the Blues. I have the Rocket 44. Same preamp section as the 20 watter. From my experienced. It's quiet. There's plenty gain on tap so i leave mind around 3 or less. The cleans are great! Crystal, warm cleans. Overall, I wouldn't sell mine. It's a great versatile combo and it's plenty loud. The 20watter is quite loud as well.

Great amps!

Thanks or the reply Cradlefish. One other question: Do you any problems with the shared EQ and balancing the clean and dirty volumes? I'm considering this amp a lighter alternative to my 5:25 express running beside a marshall class 5. Thanks!

Matt

nope. The audible difference is not a problem. The Marshall DSL I have is more prominent.

Latest posts

Back