Recto 4x12" question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RR

Reaction score
I'm building a 4x12" Recto type enclosure. Are the speaker rear mount or front mount? Not that it matters 'cause my enclosure the speakers could mount either way. Its that when I first mount them, I want to mount them like a stock Recto enclosure.

Another question, its going to be a "straight" 4x12" and if I recall, I thought the early straight Recto the speaker baffle has a slight slant say of 1 deg. But I'm looking at pictures of recent Recto and them seemed to be straight. Does anyone have the earlier Recto 4x12"?

Speakers are rear mounted, and yes the original straight was a slanted baffle, you set on building your own? I have a friend selling an empty older rec cab like that in great shape that is unloaded.

RR said:
I'm building a 4x12" Recto type enclosure. Are the speaker rear mount or front mount? Not that it matters 'cause my enclosure the speakers could mount either way. Its that when I first mount them, I want to mount them like a stock Recto enclosure.

Another question, its going to be a "straight" 4x12" and if I recall, I thought the early straight Recto the speaker baffle has a slight slant say of 1 deg. But I'm looking at pictures of recent Recto and them seemed to be straight. Does anyone have the earlier Recto 4x12"?

Thanks on the info. I think I did post this question on another bulletin here and one member showed a straight front Recto with the top pair speaker baffle slanted like a angle 4x12". But I'm going with a 1 deg. slant the whole baffle.

I would have been interested in your buddy's 4x12" Recto if it was a local since shipping cross country adds to the cost. I'm a weekend warrior woodworker, I have the facility so building guitar speaker enclosures is fairly routine. Plus I have extra tolex from another build enough for a Recto 4x12".

Latest posts

Back