Line 6 Spider Valve cab with a Roadster?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LareNgitis

Reaction score
I have a Roadster head sitting on top of a cheap cabinet that just isn't sounding good. I have a chance to buy a used Line 6 Spider Valve 4x12 cab very cheap (~$300). It has V30s in it, although I know the stock V30s are different than the Mesa versions. Has anyone tried this setup. What do you think? Would you get it or use that money for a Mesa cab later on? Thanks.

Honestly, I would suggest you save up for a Mesa cab. Part of the problem with people bashing the Line 6 Spider Valve amps is because those Line 6 cabs aren't that good IMO. Hell, I had a friend of mine bring his Line 6 Spider Valve head to plug it into my Mesa Stiletto 4X12 straight cab. He immediately noticed how much better his amp sounded... :lol:

Yeah, I think I'm leaning toward a used Mesa. A new Avatar or WhiteBox cab would be more than a used Recto or Stiletto cab anyways. I might as well go with the sure thing.

I agree with the other guys. I've played a few cabs with V30's (Mesa, Orange, Marshall) & I have to say that Mesas sounded the best (except for the oversized ones).

Don't forget to check your local ads/Craigslist. I scored a mint condition Traditional Recto cab for $500.

Not a single tear or scratch on it. That's half off retail and a few hundred less than what the used ones go for at Guitar Center.

Back