How do i connect two amps?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluez

Reaction score
Can i use the send/return/ outputs on my f-100 to connect to a second f-100 amp?
That is take the send out divide it in to two parallel outputs. feed one back in to the main head
and the other one back in to the second f-100's return input?

Where are you playing that you need two 100w heads at once??!! That sounds like it would be incredibly loud. If the F-100 has a "slave out", this might be a better option than trying to "split" the send of your first amp. I believe there would be an impedance issue with trying a "Y" cable like that. The slave out of your first amp will go to the FX return of your second amp, i believe.

You could also consider using an A/B/Y box into the front of both amps, but I'm assuming you would like the channels to switch together on both amps. You might try the A/B/Y with one amp set to ideal clean sound, the other ideal distorted, and when you use both you will have a nice doubling effect. Many pro players like to "mix" clean and dirty amps that way.

If you are not using any effects in the loop, run a cable from the Send on Amp #1 to the Return on Amp #2. You will only be using the power amp on Amp #2, and the controls on Amp #1 will work for both amps.

thelastleroy said:
Where are you playing that you need two 100w heads at once??!! That sounds like it would be incredibly loud. If the F-100 has a "slave out", this might be a better option than trying to "split" the send of your first amp. I believe there would be an impedance issue with trying a "Y" cable like that. The slave out of your first amp will go to the FX return of your second amp, i believe.

You could also consider using an A/B/Y box into the front of both amps, but I'm assuming you would like the channels to switch together on both amps. You might try the A/B/Y with one amp set to ideal clean sound, the other ideal distorted, and when you use both you will have a nice doubling effect. Many pro players like to "mix" clean and dirty amps that way.

I am going to play outdoors. around 300-500 people. I have a 2x12" speaker now, but i am going to borough 2 speakers with 4x12" so I was thinking that i could use one head to each 4x12 speaker since i can borough a head also.

tj1.jpg

As a professional soundguy ( I really do that for living) , I'll tell you that your 100W with one cab is already too loud for the stage, you can hookup 2 cabs if you want but the need for 2 heads is way over the top. Your gonna set it at 1 and everybody in the band will tell you to turn it down, the signer will not even hear him screaming in the monitors.

I know that having high spl on stage is undesirable, we are a surf/instrumental band guitar,bass and drums. There will be a PA rig already there (not ours). I am speculating on just running the drums through the PA. I think it's so hard to get a good sound miking up guitar amps. So by placing the amp out to the side a little away from us, i was hoping to get a good guitar sound on both stage and to the public. I know there are some problems with this, just playing with the idea.

It's not that hard to get a good sound out of a mic , trust the soundguy and just play with decent volume on stage.

Latest posts

Back