Single rect + maxon tubescreamer 808

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trialandrews

Reaction score
Hi is anyone here could tell me the settings on the modern high gain channel + tubescreamer maxon od808 to get a real tight sound à la Killswitch engage? i tried this out , it tights but i loose realy much bottom and the sound become very "middy" and narrow....maybe my master-output-gain balance on the amp?

I know some guys tone are killing with this set up TS + rectifier

thanks a lot!!!

trialandrews said:
Hi is anyone here could tell me the settings on the modern high gain channel + tubescreamer maxon od808 to get a real tight sound à la Killswitch engage? i tried this out , it tights but i loose realy much bottom and the sound become very "middy" and narrow....maybe my master-output-gain balance on the amp?

I know some guys tone are killing with this set up TS + rectifier

thanks a lot!!!

I set mine up - Gain 9:00, volume 12:00, tone somewhere between 10:00 and 2:00.

Tube screamers tighten your tone by cutting bottom end and adding midrange. The narrower sound cuts better and sounds more aggressive when playing with a band. The secret to getting those ultra-heavy guitar tones is to use a bassist.

I dont have a single but With my Tverb I do this...

No master.

Gain around 230 (tverbs dont have as much gain as the singles)
treb 1130
mid 100
bass 1200
pres 9
spongy
silicon

bal 330-400
tone 1200
drive off

I know the low end sounds good while playing alone, but with a band that mid hump the TS adds really comes in to play and makes the Recto sound more agressive.... Also works wonders on getting a better lead sound. The low end ends up getting burried or becoming too muddy with a bassist.

What Cab are you using? Always recommend cabs smaller than the Oversized recto, cab get a little boomy...everyone has covered the settings and I agree with most except I'd bring the mids up a little more. Rectos are low in the mid range so it may help. EL34's will help too. But stay away from the Tung Sol EL34B or Ruby EL34 BSTR. They are similar to a 6L6.

Latest posts

Back