212 recto cab V30 speaker mix

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokeymagee

Reaction score
I apologized this is the wrong era for my question, I didn’t see a section for just guitar cabs.

I use a Mark V head and 212 Recto cab. I’ve had this rig for 7 years and only use Mark Iv mode. I switch to a combo amp for cleaner tones (country, blues, pop, etc).

Has anybody had success mixing another speaker with a v30 in a 212 rectifier cab to get good high gain tones and cleans, or make the tweed setting usable?

I have a g12h-65 with a v30 now, and that has helped some. I don’t feel like I should have to use a pedal to get a good tone from the Tweed setting, but I added a Drybell Unit 67 and that has helped even more.

I see suggestions on some threads but nothing addresses my specific needs.

I like the v30s for high gain, is there another speaker that will help or should I look for a different speaker option than v30’s?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

I liked my stock C90 for cleans. I use to run a V30 and a C90 in two separate 1x12s for a while.

I've got an old Avatar very oversixed 2x12 (pretty close to an Orange in size) that has a V30 and an Eminence Swamp Thang. It works really nice with my Mark III or RA. The goal there was to try to tame the brightness of both amps a little without losing the clarity. Neither amp will go flubby unless you dial it in very wrong, so that wasn't really a concern.

I don't have any experience with your cab, but I would think a WGS Reaper 50 would pair well with your V30.

Latest posts

Back