WGS Speakers in my Recto Cab for my V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoogieHog

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I changed the Vintage 30's out of my Recto Cab for some WGS Speakers (ET-90 and a Reaper HP 50w 55hz) and MY GOD what a difference! It really opened my sound up and brought a different level of life to this amp. It has WAY better low end response and is tight (not floppy) and the mids are SO creamy....CREAMY!!!

It's like Bacon for your ears!

Any one else use WGS Speakers and have a favorite speaker pairing (either pairing speakers together or paring with a particular cab and amp)?

LOL bacon for your ears :lol:

Congrats! Speaker changes can be really eye opening experiences. The right ones can be like taking a blanket off the cab. It's wonderful when you find the right combination. 8)

I recently acquired a V. I have am EVM12L, Emimence Texas Heat & Swamp Thang, WGS Veteran 30, WGS British Lead, WGS Reaper HP, and Carvin GT-12. I tried each speaker with the V, and the one that sounded the best to me was the Reaper. I only have 1 of those, so I am going to have to pair it with something else, just to be safe, since the speaker can only handle 50 watts. I've considered getting a WGS Invader since I really liked the sound samples on their site, but am concerned about it being a little too mid-dominant. I will pair the Reaper with what I have before I make any more speaker purchases, lol! I've also looked at the Eminence Governor and liked what I heard out of that one, too.

I've been a big fan of WGS for years. I run my Dyne through a pair of British Lead speakers, and that tone is amazing.

Latest posts

Back