Whats a fair price to pay for a IIB upgraded to IIC+??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Authorized Boogie:

that is true as of now but wasn't true some 20 or 25 years ago.
I have one of the 20+ IIB upgraded to IIC+ (by Mike Bendinelli) and I have even seen in this site a couple of IIA upgraded.

One thing that I am not sure it is right is the comment about a IIB with a 105 transformer. I thought that the IIB was coming with a 100 trannie but, most probably, I am wrong.

Regards

Authorized Boogie said:
Who did the C+ mod?

As it stands, only a IIC can be upgraded to a IIC+

Thanks!
igfraso said:
Authorized Boogie:

I have one of the 20+ IIB upgraded to IIC+ (by Mike Bendinelli) and I have even seen in this site a couple of IIA upgraded.

One thing that I am not sure it is right is the comment about a IIB with a 105 transformer. I thought that the IIB was coming with a 100 trannie but, most probably, I am wrong.

Regards

Tien (aka "Authorized Boogie"),
igfrasso is correct. IIB's could be and some were modded to a C+

In order for a IIB to be modded to a C+ the pre-amp board in the IIB needed to be taken out and the C+ pre-amp board installed.
So if the IIB "1234Boogie" is looking at has the RP-11A pre-amp board in it it, then it was modded to a C+

(Fwiw RP-10 and/ or RP-10A were pre amp boards in IIC's. As we know these amps could be modded to a C+,
Also at some point I'm pretty sure Mesa started labelling pre-amp boards as "SP-11A" for C+'s without reverb.
So it's conceivable a IIB modded to a IIC+ could have any one of those boards in it.)

As Daniel mentioned about 20 or so were done
(There's been 20 or so that we have seen over the years).

gts said:
Authorized Boogie said:
Who did the C+ mod?

As it stands, only a IIC can be upgraded to a IIC+

Thanks!
igfraso said:
Authorized Boogie:

Regards

Tien (aka "Authorized Boogie"),
igfrasso is correct. IIB's could be and some were modded to a C+

In order for a IIB to be modded to a C+ the pre-amp board in the IIB needed to be taken out and the C+ pre-amp board installed.
So if the IIB "1234Boogie" is looking at has the RP-11A pre-amp board in it it, then it was modded to a C+

(Fwiw RP-10 and/ or RP-10A were pre amp boards in IIC's. As we know these amps could be modded to a C+,
Also at some point I'm pretty sure Mesa started labelling pre-amp boards as "SP-11A" for C+'s without reverb.
So it's conceivable a IIB modded to a IIC+ could have any one of those boards in it.)

As Daniel mentioned about 20 or so were done
(There's been 20 or so that we have seen over the years).

Although I'm not Tien, you are correct. Which is why I asked about who did the C+ mod - "as it stands" means currently - but yes, in the past Mike B was able to do it with a board replacement. You'd be surprised how many MKII's we see that were "modded to a C+" by random techs in the field. Thanks!

1234Boogie said:
Non simulclass (60/100) but with GEQ and Reverb. 105 Transformer. Great Condition?

"Re: Whats a fair price to pay for a IIB upgraded to IIC+??"

There is NO such upgrade available for a IIB. Sorry. Only a IIC can be upgraded to a IIC+.

Authorized Boogie said:
Although I'm not Tien, you are correct. Which is why I asked about who did the C+ mod - "as it stands" means currently - but yes, in the past Mike B was able to do it with a board replacement. You'd be surprised how many MKII's we see that were "modded to a C+" by random techs in the field. Thanks!

You're not Tien? I thought Tien was posting as "Authorized Boogie" at one time. Did you step in and take over that user name?

Yes I fully understood what "as it stands" meant. But that phrase could easily be misunderstood.
If you had simply used "currently" versus "as it stands" the possibility of being misunderstood would have been much more diminished.
Imho the way you phrased it almost sounded like you were saying "a IIB could never have been modded to a C+, only a IIC could be modded to a C+".
Try it phrased this way: "currently modding a IIB to a C+ is not possible"

I've heard a few stories about some being modded to a C+ by various techs in the field and have even seen a few of those modded in person.

ReverbIsANoun said:
1234Boogie said:
Non simulclass (60/100) but with GEQ and Reverb. 105 Transformer. Great Condition?

"Re: Whats a fair price to pay for a IIB upgraded to IIC+??"

There is NO such upgrade available for a IIB. Sorry. Only a IIC can be upgraded to a IIC+.

This is incorrect information...I got the serial # and it is indeed a IIC+.

Back