Mark IIC+ opinions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWR07

Reaction score
Hi… I am looking at a mark IIC+ Head and 112 cabinet finished in blonde tolex. It is a very basic head, 60 watt, no reverb, no EQ, no Simulclass. While I wouldn’t mind having an EQ and Simulclass, I do like the fact that maybe because it is a non-optioned version it may be a purer circuit. Whatever the case I do like the amo, but I wanted to ask those who have more experience than I in the IIC+ world what your opinion of the value of it might be? It’s well serviced and maintained and in remarkably condition. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as well as any pros or cons to owning a basic version. Thanks

Hi… I am looking at a mark IIC+ Head and 112 cabinet finished in blonde tolex. It is a very basic head, 60 watt, no reverb, no EQ, no Simulclass. While I wouldn’t mind having an EQ and Simulclass, I do like the fact that maybe because it is a non-optioned version it may be a purer circuit. Whatever the case I do like the amo, but I wanted to ask those who have more experience than I in the IIC+ world what your opinion of the value of it might be? It’s well serviced and maintained and in remarkably condition. Any advice would be greatly appreciated as well as any pros or cons to owning a basic version. Thanks
I would say $3k would be the low limit, and that is pretty low for any IIC+. I have the same amp and haven't seen one go for less than that since pre-Covid., but if anyone else has links to lower listings, please share. It's harder to put an upper limit since that seems to be a lot less consistent.

Have a real clean stripper 60w C+ head all re-tubed with real Phillips STR 6L6 and Tungsram 12AX7 tubes. It sounds more Marshally than the best Marshall amps I've heard. Definitely 3K to 4K. These stripper C+ 60's sound different than the loaded ones. I owned a lot of fully loaded C+ amps through the years and always passed on the stripper 60's. I was stupid! They are more vicious and aggressive in the lead / distorted EVH type vibe to me. Depends on which sounds are for you . This thing gives me the "Fair Warning" era tones I'm after. Through a good 4X12 w/ greenbacks it's 1978 all over again!!

I'd put the bottom price for a properly serviced, structurally sound but maybe a bit tatty-looking 60 at around $3.5k: after that, you'd have to figure for yourself how much more a really clean and well-cared-for example means to you personally.

I have one DRGX now, after a succession of other HRGX and DRGX amps. I've never owned the "base" model, but I've heard and played a few - they're great amps, and very fierce.

Back