Most over priced Mesa you have ever seen

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electric mayhem

Reaction score
All right and ear we go!
You cant really say it is post covid but music gear is in a sure hangover from a 1999 style party.

At one point someone was willing to pay an insane price for my plus coli so it is/was real, but things have cooled down for now for the majority of gear it would seem.

So what is the most crazy you saw? Anything is fair game including former Prince, etc machines.

I want to say I saw a Mark IIB recently for 15k.

All right and ear we go!
You cant really say it is post covid but music gear is in a sure hangover from a 1999 style party.

At one point someone was willing to pay an insane price for my plus coli so it is/was real, but things have cooled down for now for the majority of gear it would seem.

So what is the most crazy you saw? Anything is fair game including former Prince, etc machines.

I want to say I saw a Mark IIB recently for 15k.

There was a one JP2C ad locally asking almost 6k€ - with yankee trannies..

Based on unobtanium only

This one used to be 15k, now reduced to 8K. Still too much for that.
https://reverb.com/item/74717742-me...-100-watt-1x12-guitar-combo-1984-1985-various
The vintage gear especially in the IIC/III models are ridiculously overpriced. Then again, just look at the current price points for the current models. Ouch. I would be super pissed off if my Mark V90 cost me as much as the current asking price. At least the Mark VII was not a dud. More money than I would be willing to pay but I did anyways. Not thrilled with the cost but the amp is great.

I would buy the Mark VII over the TC100 as they are at the same price. Ouch. I was looking for the current price of the Mark V90 head. It seems that Sweetwater no longer has that listed. I can find the mini marks but not the Mark V90. I also see Mesa's website has it at a reduced price. I believe they may be phasing that amp out of production. The mini-marks will probably hang around for a while.

Ouch. I would be super pissed off if my Mark V90 cost me as much as the current asking price.
You know if they came with a shark with lasers I'd be down.

I almost bought the V90 from a Revolution guitarist (Dez?) for $1200-1300 a few years ago. I'm looking like a fool now for not grabbing it but it was a curiosity not a need. I already had the IIBs, IIIs, IV-A, DCs, stiletto, the atlantic series and would go on to get a 5:50 that for my purposes is way better than a V.
And way way way cheaper.

At 8k that plus may actually sell. Last year it would have been gone at 10-11. That is some serious pricing power even if the party balloons are deflating and sagging.

1703245489381.png

I saw someone asking $15k for a Rev C Dual Rec around 6 months ago, and currently there are two Rev Ds at $9k+ on Reverb

I was wrong. The ebay IIB is 15k pounds- $19k USD
At least it is a KRG with 415/416 glass -K186

Still one of the voices in my head says that's not going to happen.

Ironically they (Essex Studios) had a IIC+ for only $13k USD. And I think it is too soon for the world to wake up to the fact the IIB is the best amp in the world :)

That's probably 5-10 years down the road. So grab your $800 amps before you can trade them for a house!

Last edited:
I was wrong. The ebay IIB is 15k pounds- $19k USD
At least it is a KRG with 415/416 glass -K186

Still one of the voices in my head says that's not going to happen.

Ironically they (Essex Studios) had a IIC+ for only $13k USD. And I think it is too soon for the world to wake up to the fact the IIB is the best amp in the world :)

That's probably 5-10 years down the road. So grab your $800 amps before you can trade them for a house!
Essex Studios says it all, most their gear is listed at crazy prices.

Back