70s Mark 1 Super Sixty EQ

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greeny

Reaction score
Hello all - any info on a mark one model called a super sixty? Any details you may have or other info would be great. What does this model sound like? thanks!!!

The Super Sixty was the base model Mesa Boogie amp that was later known as the MK I. It wasn't called the MK I until there was a MK II. The base amp was 60 watts in a head or combo. Options were: Reverb, Graphic EQ and 100 watt. Speakers available were Altec, JBL and later EV. A slightly larger cab with a 15" speaker became an option, too.

Hello, thanks for the info. I did just purchase the 77 mark 1 and so far I love it. I use old Marshalls to play out, but have always wanted an older Mark 1 and just found this one. It's tan tolex with brown fender-looking grill, has EQ but no verb - has the JBL K120. I'm pretty blown away by what it does - it has a great dark tone - so far I don't have a grip on input 1, but input 2 is a great warm sound with just enough breakup. So far this thing loves Les Pauls, but also sounds great with a Tele.
What year is your Mk 1 and are you happy with its sounds? I didn't really buy it for the investment, but it seems these earlier models are only going up in value.

Best,

Marc

Latest posts

Back