What speakers are you using with your DC-10?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsta-Tone

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I just got my DC-10 back!
Last time I owned it, I only had small cabs.

I now have a Stiletto 4x12 Traditional cab.
It has 2 V30's and 2 GK100's.

The V30's sound really crisp and have tons of sizzle, the 100's seem a bit stiff.
On the other hand, the 100's sounded phenomenal with a Recto head.

Anyway, I'm thinking 2 v30's and 2 Heritage 30's.
What do you guys use?????

Forgot to mention the tones I'm seeking:

Pristine cleans. So far, the DC-10 has sounded the best to me (for cleans) with MC-90's in a 2x12 combo.

Any type of lead tones from Allman Brothers to Mastodon.

Also, since I haven't really owned a 4x12 in many years,
Do you guys recommend an X pattern?
Or...do you recommend the brighter speakers on top and fatter sounding ones on bottom?
Or?????

I'm just using the C-90's in my 2x12 3/4 back Boogie cab and am very happy with that. I do have Eminence Wizards in another cabinet I might have to try for grins. If they're anything spectacular I'll let you know.

It's hard to beat MC-90's for open back cabs!
I loved them in my DC-10 when I had a combo.

It's been a long time since I've had a closed back cab, and even longer since I've had a 4x12 though. Not really sure what to use.

I just put the Heritage 30's in it with the V30's, so we'll see!

FWIW, there were some cold solder joints and the speakers were loose, so who knows.

:D :D :D I only had about 10 minutes to play it, but the V30/H30 combo is a keeper!

The GK12-100's sounded great with a dark amp like the Recto. Probably more so since it is a fairly loose sounding amp.
But...they just sounded sterile with a brighter/tighter sounding amp like the DC!

The GK's are definitely on the market!

Now, I just have to find the time to try some KT-66's in my DC-10! Then, I'll be in tonal heaven!

Monsta-Tone said:
Now, I just have to find the time to try some KT-66's in my DC-10! Then, I'll be in tonal heaven!

You might find yourself in tone heaven but you seem to be a tweaker, amps not crystal meth, and will always be trying new things. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: Idle hands!!!!!!!

Basically, I like finding out how things work and making amps perform at their absolute best.
Can't afford hot-rods! :lol:

It's probably the only drawback to having an amp repair shop!

I like combining my DC 10 head with a Soldano 4-12 w/4 x12000 speakers, in the 2-12 scenario I use an old Fender Bassman Cab(62') retro fitted w/ 2 300 watt EV's ( that cab sounds great with everything ; Marshall's , Boogie's, Egnater's, VHT Ultralead, and my modded Bassman's). I'm comparing those cabs to others that I have( Boogie 4-12 3/4 back (C90's), VHT 4-12(V-30's) and several others. Soldano & VHT (Fat bottom)2-12 (V-30's) 1-12 Thiele & 1-12 Rectifier cabs (C-90)

V30s sound great in closed back cabs and I love my DC-3 through my Recto 1x12 cabs. The upper mid spike inherent in V30s has been driving me nuts recently though so I just picked up two 8 ohm Warehouse Guitar Speaker (WGS) Veteran 30s to replace my Celestion V30s. They are a GREAT sounding V30 clone with an 'improved' upper mid that takes care of the 'spike'. They are a bit cheaper too so maybe I can finally afford some TAD EL84s for my DC-3 after I sell the Celestions!

I'm planning on recording an A/B comparison (using the same cab, mic, and mic placement) of the original V30 vs. the WGS clone - time allowing.

Latest posts

Back