DC-2, 3, 5, 10
50 Caliber

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

tbonesullivan
Mark II

Re: The Official DC Club

Post by tbonesullivan » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:37 am

Checking in! Just picked up this baby:

Love it so far. Not sure exactly when it was made, though it does differ a bit from the manual posted on the MB website with regards to how the footswitch works. Only real issue is that it's missing the often discarded aluminum "tube guard" on the back of the amp. Currently trying to find a replacement.
Guitars: Hamers, Heritages, G&L Legacies, EBMM Steve Morse, Carvin Bolt, Fender Tele
Amps: DC-5 1x12, Maverick 2x12, Stiletto ACE 1x12, Trem-O-Verb 2x12

bhsbhswarp
Mark II

Post by bhsbhswarp » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:50 pm

GD_NC wrote:I don't think that's the original speaker. DC-3s have V-30's in them.
my DC3 has an original"black shadow" 50 watt.Not all DC3's came w/V-30's.Mine is a 1st version s/n#630.Bought a DC-2 new in 1991 and it had a Emi speaker also.Personally I find the V-30 turns to mush when you pound on it,the Emi's hold tight.
My DC-3 is all original other then a retube, pre and power.THis amp shows what a great build quality it is.Zero issues and it's a good 20+ years old.A true "Work Horse".

BobR
Mark II

Post by BobR » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:05 pm

tbonesullivan wrote:Checking in! Just picked up this baby:

Love it so far. Not sure exactly when it was made, though it does differ a bit from the manual posted on the MB website with regards to how the footswitch works. Only real issue is that it's missing the often discarded aluminum "tube guard" on the back of the amp. Currently trying to find a replacement.

Yours looks minty like the one I just picked up. All original but I cant imagine how the tubes survive being biased close to redplating. Bob

Manolian
Bottle Rocket

Post by Manolian » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:35 am

Just bought this DC-3 from 1998 2 days ago, PM sent for membership.

Birds sing sweeter than books tell how.

letempo
Bottle Rocket

Post by letempo » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:53 am

Hello - New DC3 owner here - as of a fortnight ago.

Love it! Have a couple of questions tho - I'll post as a new thread in the forum as it's OT for this one.

sign me up for the owners club!

Cheers

Andy

originalflo
Bottle Rocket

Post by originalflo » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:57 pm

i recently bought a Studio Caliber (early dc-2) with serial DC2-01239. its my first boogie.

i really love the clean channel but the lead channel is a bit too harsh for my tastes. i'll go and experiment a little bit with different tubes in different positions and i'm shure to find the tone i love :-)

pm sent :-)

MarshMesa
Mark II

Post by MarshMesa » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:48 pm

Well, might as well join since I'm keeping this guy. :) Still haven't seen anyone else with a red jewel yet, not that it matters much.

Just recorded tracks into protools and this thing comes across as having WAY more gain when recorded with a decent mic. I have the gain on 5 tops when I record.

Amps: Mesa Mark IVB Head, M̶a̶r̶s̶h̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶D̶S̶L̶1̶0̶0̶ ̶H̶e̶a̶d̶, M̶e̶s̶a̶ ̶D̶C̶3̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶d̶
Guitars: Fender Blacktop Telecaster, Amer. Strat with EMG SA

ant_riv
Bottle Rocket

Post by ant_riv » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:41 am

I just saw this thread because it was bumped up over a thread I just started.

I have had my DC-3 and .50 Calibre+ for years now. Do I get to join twice and can we retro my membership? LOL

PM sent.

jpistolas
Mark II

Post by jpistolas » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:27 pm

Just got my DC Cartel logo added to my sig and wanted to thank O==00==O for his work. Hope I'm posting this thanks in the right place. ;)
DC-5B Head-Mesa 2x12 Halfback

dante
Mark II

Post by dante » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Just picked up DC-5b - my first Boogie.

I couldn't resist bringing it to my gig last weekend, even though I'd only had it 1 day and never turned it up to 'gig' level yet. It performed outstanding. I thought my tone was a bit dark at the gig, but it was just my inexperience with the tone controls of the amp. The next day I had it sparkling like a chimey little Fender and growling like a bear with attitude. Great amp, very versatile

PM sent for my DC Cartel logo - Thank you (FYI: If you just want to send me my number, I can lift the rest & Photoshop it in there. Lemme know

bendo
Mark III

Post by bendo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:18 pm

Just picked up a Mint DC-3 for use on the road and practice. Love it! Great tones all around and versatile. Easier on the back than my Roadster for sure.

BDR529

talltxguy
Donating Member

Post by talltxguy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:39 pm

I'm ready for my DC badge! The head shell is not so great, but the chassis is in great shape. And the tone is very nice.

YOUTUBE: mesafanintexas

joe web
Mark III

Post by joe web » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:10 pm

got a near mint DC-5 head yesterday.
serial number is DC-0314XX - maybe someone can tell me from which year this amp is.

will hook this beauty up to my little rig this evening and take a few pictures.

EDIT:

so here is a picture of the DC-5 sitting on top of my little pedal-rack.

Joe´s Band: Risky Whisky; Morbid Sky

fusguitar
Mark II

Post by fusguitar » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:43 am

"New" DC-5 owner here mates. :D
I have the amp for few months now.
It was heavily gigged due to ripped tolex and grill :( , but inside was clean and the tone fwking awesome! :D
After a service from my technician friend who knows boogies inside-out, it plays like a butter.
So many beautiful tones there.
It's lead voice it's between of a recto and mark to me, having the deep fat character of a recto and the articulation of the mark.
And it's clean tone it's definetely in the mark side.
Every day i discover new tones and i really wonder why this baby don't have the reputation which deserves. It's really a hidden gem to me.
I owned several boogies in the past but this one is a keeper!
I'm definetely thinking for a re-tolex and to put a new grill even if it's kind of cool to look road-worn :mrgreen:

ps: just received my DC Cartel member logo. Thanks to O==00==O!

Lonestar Classic head v2, DC-5b combo, 50/50 power amp, 2x12 3/4 back cab 180w, Abacus midi foot controller

Past:
Roadster head, Triaxis (x2), DC-5b combo, 2x50 power amp, F50 combo

Maynardo
Mark II

Post by Maynardo » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:46 am

I have a DC-5A head.