The Official DC Club

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an early Studio Caliber without the contour. I really like the rhythm channel but the not the lead channel so much. I usually use the rhythm channel with a modded TS-9 or DS-1. I really wish it had a GEQ.

It'd be nice to get a run down of which Caliber or DC amp everyone is using and why they love it!

well... as you can see i use a caliber 50 + head...

i was a bit disapointing the first time i tried it... but i had an inadapted cab... then i bought a good cab and the beast has revealed... nice clean, lots of headroom, killer lead... i use it withj a lot of mids, not a metal tone... really warm and "vintage" like...

the power is not always easy to manage in small venue, even on big stage with mic and stuff (i don't know how do you say that in english, in french we say "repiqué" :D ), some sound engineers became crazy...

it's my first mesa (i tried some others) and it's a "coup de coeur", really like it...

i bought it 800€ ! i think now this is a bit expensive but they are rare in my area and when i bought it i tought it was impossible to get a mesa for less than 1000€... so i jumped on it... i can't believe you can find that head for only 600$ in US :? i could buy 2 with 800€ in US :shock:

it has a loop effect volume knob mod... but i don't use it... only my tele, my rat and my mesa...

well, this is news...nice job guys....no one contacted us (NAMM)...but I know how this organized syndicate business goes-you guys possibly have a strength in number, while we have an advantage in resale value-heeeeeyyy..we need to work together-as Joey B. stated earlier, no one gets out alive-even though we work different areas on the street, I welcome you...
MESA/BOOGIE 4 LIFE :)

Please welcome cb101, member #0015!

Lesterpaul, we are growing in strength and numbers by the day. Word on the street is that you NAMM guys are a name we can trust. I would like to welcome you as a friend of the DC Cartel. Here we live by one rule only, the rule that every lick, every power chord and every double stop should be shrouded in awwwwwwwesome tone! :lol:

I just picked up a mint condition Studio Caliber (DC2). Serial # - DC2-01275

Still has the original hang tags, instruction book, footswitch and padded Mesa cover. It's been retubed with JJ's but had the original stock tubes included.

fred

Hey gang, I've been a Boogie Board member for bout an hour now. I got a DC-5 combo in gray taurus that I bought used back in '99. Fell in love with DCs when they first came out, but couldn't afford one. Then one day walk in Real Guitars and there she was. The price was $650 and I asked the guy at the counter how much the amp would be with tax. He said I could have it for $600 plus tax! I ran out to the nearest atm and got some money for a deposit. I didn't ever try out the amp, I just knew I had to have it. I paid it off in time for my band's first gig, and it's been a lasting love affair.

Found a DC-5 head bout 4 years back for $450, but I had rent to pay and Xmas presents to buy. So I had to pass on the head, and I'm still regretting it :cry: .

450$... jeeeeee... that's nothing !!!!! :shock:

i just seen a second hand dc-5 combo for... open your eyes... 825€ !!! this is 1 220 $ !!!!!!!!

Hey guys sorry i haven't replied to any messages for a while my internet connection was down for a few weeks. Anyhow i'm back now so please welcome -
  • #0017 - insearchoftone
  • #0018 - MJ Slaughter
  • #0019 - woemoejack
  • #0020 - fsmith
  • #0021 - stoneattic
  • #0022 - CORSAIR
  • #0023 - frets70

Back