2C++ Video

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sounds like me, I do that kind of mindless chugging. The beginning had me chuckling because of the pure brutal rawness. Great grail tone for sure.

What's up with the comment section, it's full douche baggery going on.

very chuggerific, totally addictive. I could have rolled the volume down and got some incredibly nice clean up tones, I was just pumped.
Which comment section?

YouTube comments.

The way you had the GEQ set seems to work well for recording. I would think that it would sound dark compared to a Marshall side by side jamming out. I always need to crank the 6600 slider up when playing with a Marshall. Forget trying to sound as bright as a Fender amp. The 5 band GEQ is where it's at, that tone that Boogies get and after a while you begin to "see" the tone just by where the sliders are set.

d1bc72d4714538718fbfb5be6fc7fe53.jpg

Sounds as tight as anything ive heard.
May not be enough mids in a mix tho.

I think IIC+ prices are ridiculous now. Nothing i cant get with my MK III.
Not bad for a 40 year old amp.

Brad Gillis played 2 MK IIC+'s on "Speak of the Devil" tour with Ozzy right after Rhoads death.
Hard to believe its been that long.

Markedman said:
YouTube comments.

The way you had the GEQ set seems to work well for recording. I would think that it would sound dark compared to a Marshall side by side jamming out. I always need to crank the 6600 slider up when playing with a Marshall. Forget trying to sound as bright as a Fender amp. The 5 band GEQ is where it's at, that tone that Boogies get and after a while you begin to "see" the tone just by where the sliders are set.

youtube comments seems pretty positive, not sure what your seeing. the presence knob is doing some lifting here as well, can is loaded with Alnico Creams

6L6-wreck said:
d1bc72d4714538718fbfb5be6fc7fe53.jpg

Sounds as tight as anything ive heard.
May not be enough mids in a mix tho.

I think IIC+ prices are ridiculous now. Nothing i cant get with my MK III.
Not bad for a 40 year old amp.

Brad Gillis played 2 MK IIC+'s on "Speak of the Devil" tour with Ozzy right after Rhoads death.
Hard to believe its been that long.
i'd love to find a MKIII that sounded and felt like this.

This video quite literally made my day. That tone is brutal, thanks for sharing.

Fact - Brad Gillis used Mark IIB's with Ozzy. It was 1982. Boogie hadn't made even a prototype yet. Trust me on this, I was very alive and very, very into it at the time. I remember it well.

A Mark II anything is not a Mark III, ever. I know. If you think otherwise, it's only wishful thinking. The C+ is safe where it's at and will never pale. People will compare a III to a II and say it's 99% there, O.K.. That last 1% makes it worth 4 times as much as a III.

Markedman said:
Fact - Brad Gillis used Mark IIB's with Ozzy. It was 1982. Boogie hadn't made even a prototype yet. Trust me on this, I was very alive and very, very into it at the time. I remember it well.

A Mark II anything is not a Mark III, ever. I know. If you think otherwise, it's only wishful thinking. The C+ is safe where it's at and will never pale. People will compare a III to a II and say it's 99% there, O.K.. That last 1% makes it worth 4 times as much as a III.
d1ya0.jpg

Ive heard different things about Brad with Oz & over the years. To be honest i cant tell the dif between a MK IIC+ & ++ but whatever.
Tone is subjective & different for everybody.

No 2 humans are the same ears included.

6L6-wreck said:
Markedman said:

d1ya0.jpg

Ive heard different things about Brad with Oz & over the years. To be honest i cant tell the dif between a MK IIC+ & ++ but whatever.
Tone is subjective & different for everybody.

No 2 humans are the same ears included.

If it's on the internet, it proves what I'm telling. The C+ wasn't even invented when the album came out let alone recorded!!!!!! No argument can be had, and an opinion isn't fact. Let do this, let's be like scientists. Simple math, that's why they assign numbers to years so when people think something, and it's wrong, it can be corrected. This here assumption that Brad Gillis used a Boogie Mark IIC+ on the live album with Ozzy is a perfect example of the fact being very clear and the assumption proven beyond doubt, incorrect.

Why would you even question this point, or post such an idiotic meme when everyone here can see that you are incorrect in your assumption? If your whole intention was to make me look like I'm stupid, I hope you're satisfied with my response.

I think Gillis still has that IIB Coliseum he used on the Ozzy album to this day, if you watch his most recent home videos.

The old video from '86 shows his settings at 7:10 roughly:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZYMJkKlvY8

Has his Lead Master volume at 8 :shock:

6L6-wreck said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2EmPPyFt6A

Cool video, haven't seen that one. Funny how they both have a reverse "V" setting on the EQ - how times have changed lol :lol:

GreyHills said:
6L6-wreck said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2EmPPyFt6A

Cool video, haven't seen that one. Funny how they both have a reverse "V" setting on the EQ - how times have changed lol :lol:

I wrote down the settings & EQ settings. Going to experiment. Have to take into account their racks tho. Gillis has the Presence & Treble on "10" which i never do. Interesting.
I have my amps dialed in well tho.
I used stainless steel & copper picks in da 80's. I had no idea anyone else was doing the same tho. They work great but the problem i ran into was after a day of playing the outer wind on the "D" string was gone & the string was toast.
I'll stick with 1.5 mm Gator grips.
As it turns out Lynch/DeMartini/EVH/Gillis and many others all used metal picks at some point.
No internet back then so who knew.

21417150112.MAIN__82961.1576897466.jpg

6L6-wreck said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKAKm27GQ1s

This is as good as it gets IMO.

starting at 40:33 till 44:02 is bananas, all marshall's tho.

Back