Mark IIC+ Reverb switching question

Mark I's, II's, III's and the almight IV

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

deskman
Mark I

Mark IIC+ Reverb switching question

Post by deskman » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:48 pm

I have a IIC+ with reverb only.

When I plug a regular TS latching switch into the jack on the underside of the amp, switching it on and off just makes the reverb go between where it's set and then a little quieter. Not really turning it off.

Do I need a TRS jack on the switch?

My understanding is that the amps without GEQ just used a TS cable to switch the reverb.

Anyone been down this road?
'in order to realise our creative visions, it is essential that we develop the craft of our instrument' - john petrucci

darkbluemurder
Mark II

Re: Mark IIC+ Reverb switching question

Post by darkbluemurder » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:45 am

I can check with my Mark III that also has reverb. I never tried switching the reverb as I mostly set and forget it. I will report when I get around to it.

Cheers Stephan

deskman
Mark I

Post by deskman » Sun May 06, 2018 6:31 pm

Just thinking now - I might need to use a TRS and have the REV closing on the ring
'in order to realise our creative visions, it is essential that we develop the craft of our instrument' - john petrucci

lovetoboogie
Mark II

Post by lovetoboogie » Sun May 06, 2018 8:49 pm

A TS will do...what you have is the reverb circuit where the footswitch control doesn't turn the reverb on and off...it's actually a reverb pad of sorts. It lifts/inserts a series resistor on the reverb recovery tube cathode. This is the bain of all reverb complaints on late IIC+'s and Mark III's as well... A simple rewiring of this tube opens the reverb right up and will give you a true on/off.