Mark IV effects loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platypus

Reaction score
So I picked up a Verbzilla pedal and decided to try it before the amp and in the effects loop. It seems like the effect is super strong before the amp but not strong enough in the effects loop. I turn up everything and it turns to mush in the effects loop but I can't quite dial the sound down enough to be subtle before the amp.

Any suggestions? My other pedals sound great in the loop but this one just sounds too subtle and washed out.

I'm assuming that using a couple of adapters with the reverb send/receive would damage the pedal...?

I always have to turn delays waaaay up in the loop of my Mark IV - though I've never used a reverb pedal. See how your other FX sound in front of the amp with the same settings, you may just not have the scope for compensation on that particular delay pedal.

This is normal, because of the loop level.

Quote from the manual:
Remember that the MASTERS double as effects send controls and the OUTPUT LEVEL also works as an Effects Return control.

tony777 said:
This is normal, because of the loop level.

Quote from the manual:
Remember that the MASTERS double as effects send controls and the OUTPUT LEVEL also works as an Effects Return control.

Yeah I realize that, but my levels are fine as all my other pedals sound great. This one in particular doesn't however.

It could be that it's on consumer level, IE -10dB, and your other pedals are +4dB.

I have no experience with the verbzilla, but try look for something in the manual about that.

Back