roadster with marshall cabs question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbsens03

Reaction score
What would be the correct way to plug everything in with a Roadster head and then a Marshall 1960a cab which runs either 4 or 16ohm and a Marshall 1960bx cab which is 16ohm. And then what would be the correct way to hook everything up but swap out the 1960a for a mesa cab

I'm a little unclear about what you trying to do, if you have 2 16ohm cabs, then you can plug each one into the 4ohm jacks on the back of your roadster. Check the manual, it should be listed as a safe mismatch. As for adding swapping out a mesa cab with on of the marshalls, you need to know the ohms of the mesa cab before you would be able to figure it out.

So, I could just run both 16ohm cab's through the 4ohm inputs on the amp? could I run just 1 cab through the 4 ohm and the other through the 8ohm? wouldn't that be considered a safe mis match

dbsens03 said:
how can I run 2 cab's out of one 8ohm jack?

Your cabs should have 2 jacks on the back. One cab plugs into another cab, that cab then plugs into the amp.

At least that's how it works on Mesa Cabs

The Marshall 1960 cabinets dont have the option though.

Before my Mesa cabs I had 2 Marshall 1960 cabinets with my Roadster and I had a custom Y speaker cable that would allow me to hook up both cabinets to the 8ohm jack.

Back