Looking at cabs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harem_theater

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I'm currently running a Roadster head through an Orange 4x12 w/ 2x v30's and 2x Eminence v12's. My tone is pretty much on the money at the moment although i would like a little more lows from my cab. I run channels 3 & 4 in modern mode (3 for rhythm and 4 for lead) w/ bass on 10 for rhythm and 4-5 for lead. I like the tone i'm getting, but i'd much rather have a bassier cabinet so i don't have to run the lows from my amp flat out all the time.

So, I was looking at this cabinet

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Randall-Guitar-Cabinet-RS125XL-/370432699141?pt=AU_Amplifiers&hash=item563f826b05

The concept seems fantastic. I'm into the tones from Alter Bridge, Motley Crue, Dream Theater (SDOIT album in particular)....and the common theme among the bands i like are the 15" speakers...i just don't want to carry multiple cabs around.

Do you think i could get away with the power and cut i currently have, with more low end, by using this cab?

Thanks folks.
Matt

do you have the v12s on bottom of cab? My roadster can produce plenty of beefy lows with my recto 4x12. My highest bass setting is on 8 on my gain channel and thats because its replacing the bass my od808 kills.

they're in an x pattern. Also, it's an angled cab which take a little from the bottom end but i want thunderously big lows without multiple cabs....just wondering if it's even possible

Back