• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB, Pre 500 Dual Recto Blackface Chrome Chassis Recto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fordman65

Reaction score
The Title says it all. Should be in good condition, please pm me a price. I would want to pay with Paypal.

Shipping is to 53551.

Thanks!

It's actually been documented that up to #503 will get you what you want. :wink:

Actually I think a large majority of the pre-500's are black diamond with chrome chassis. People have trouble believing that my R0005 is the normal mesa combo of black chasis chrome diamond.

Fordman65 said:
JOEY B. said:
Fordman65 said:
WTF is your problem?

I have never seen any pre-500 in any other configuration than the Black Chassis/ Chrome Diamondplate.

There is one on ebay right now. Number 75 I just think it's price is quite high otherwise I would have went for it.

During the introduction period of the DR, Mesa pretty much gave away the chrome chassis option to dealers for free if they wanted it. It was not a standard feature. Ask a dealer if he wants the cooler version for free and most will take it.

siggy14 said:
Actually I think a large majority of the pre-500's are black diamond with chrome chassis. People have trouble believing that my R0005 is the normal mesa combo of black chasis chrome diamond.

Fordman65 said:
JOEY B. said:
I have never seen any pre-500 in any other configuration than the Black Chassis/ Chrome Diamondplate.

There is one on ebay right now. Number 75 I just think it's price is quite high otherwise I would have went for it.

Holy crap you have number 5!! Very cool man.

Yup, do a search for R0005 and you will see the story behind it, have had for over a year or so.

Fordman65 said:
siggy14 said:

Fordman65 said:

Holy crap you have number 5!! Very cool man.

Fordman65 said:
JOEY B. said:
Fordman65 said:
WTF is your problem?

That would be mine. Say what you will, but the desirable blackface looks + great condition + low serial # (Rev C) make it worth the cost.

How many DRs do you know for sale right now or do you think there will be over the next 6 - 9 months that will have all of those qualities? If you're okay with 2 out of 3 of those qualities I'm sure you could find something more reasonably priced and you'd have more selection. Having more selection naturally drives lower costs though, as I'm sure you know.

Anyway, the market determines what things are worth regardless of what you or I think. The auction does have a bid, so I'd say the price works given what I'm saying.

I hope this didn't come off as too much of a rant, I just don't like people telling me it's not worth it and they'd only pay $2000. It's like, of course you would, and so would 50 other people. What separates how bad somebody wants something is whether they're willing to pay more. We see it all of the time in everyday life and that's how auctions work!

Thanks for hearing me out if you bothered to read this!

I think yours is now in the normal price range, heck I have only a normal silver face black chassis, but since mine is the R0005 I have been offered $3000 by two different people. Once my friends band is done recording (there borrowing it) I am gonna put it up for sale and see if those two people are still interested.

merkinball94 said:
Fordman65 said:
JOEY B. said:

That would be mine. Say what you will, but the desirable blackface looks + great condition + low serial # (Rev C) make it worth the cost.

How many DRs do you know for sale right now or do you think there will be over the next 6 - 9 months that will have all of those qualities? If you're okay with 2 out of 3 of those qualities I'm sure you could find something more reasonably priced and you'd have more selection. Having more selection naturally drives lower costs though, as I'm sure you know.

Anyway, the market determines what things are worth regardless of what you or I think. The auction does have a bid, so I'd say the price works given what I'm saying.

I hope this didn't come off as too much of a rant, I just don't like people telling me it's not worth it and they'd only pay $2000. It's like, of course you would, and so would 50 other people. What separates how bad somebody wants something is whether they're willing to pay more. We see it all of the time in everyday life and that's how auctions work!

merkinball94 said:
Fordman65 said:
JOEY B. said:

Well, yes as I told you through ebay I am a very experienced amp buyer (if thats a term). I have owned probably 30 amps all high end and do my research on amps that potentially want to buy. I currently own the SE which is pretty high end and just as much if not more than the amp you are currently selling. I stand by my comments that I think it's overpriced and am not willing to pay that much. That doesn't mean someone else isn't. And for the record where did I say I would only pay 2k? I never brought an amount up, all i said was I am about to potentially close a deal on a chrome face for much much cheaper than yours but if yours didn't sell I would be interested in trying to work out a deal. You are the one that said you paid $2300 and weren't willing to sell for less. I am not trying to rip you or your action as I hope it sells and you make a couple bucks, but before you makes statements make sure you are accurate in them.

Thanks[/b]

Fordman65 said:
merkinball94 said:
Fordman65 said:

Well, yes as I told you through ebay I am a very experienced amp buyer (if thats a term). I have owned probably 30 amps all high end and do my research on amps that potentially want to buy. I currently own the SE which is pretty high end and just as much if not more than the amp you are currently selling. I stand by my comments that I think it's overpriced and am not willing to pay that much. That doesn't mean someone else isn't. And for the record where did I say I would only pay 2k? I never brought an amount up, all i said was I am about to potentially close a deal on a chrome face for much much cheaper than yours but if yours didn't sell I would be interested in trying to work out a deal. You are the one that said you paid $2300 and weren't willing to sell for less. I am not trying to rip you or your action as I hope it sells and you make a couple bucks, but before you makes statements make sure you are accurate in them.

Thanks[/b]

There's nothing to check man. I said I don't like people offering me $2000, which several people did. I never said you specifically made me that offer. I was using that statement as a representation of others saying they like it, but would never buy it for my price (which was similar to what you were originally saying, although you never mentioned a price).

IMO your research is mislead if you couldn't see why the amp was worth that much. If you don't have the money or don't want to pay that much, fine I can understand that. Don't you think I did research too? Yes. I'm not new to Dual Rectifiers either.

Anyway, it's sold and water under the bridge! No hard feelings.

No hard feelings man. I am glad you sold her and got your price. After reading your post I assumed you were talking about me when you mentioned the 2k price.

Hopefully now you just don't regret selling her. :p

Yeah, its going to be hard letting it go. I really was torn about letting it go, but I hate to let it sit there if I can't really play it in my apartment too. It was fun while it lasted, and maybe someday I can track down another one!

Back